`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is up for a quick contest? Must be present now.

RE: Who is up for a quick contest? Must be present now.
Shawn Green
(05-29-2012, 07:49 PM)dbroockerd Wrote: Okay guys I have a few things I wanna give away just for fun to the Beckett community. I started a free card thread and its taking off and doing well. My kids especially are enjoying it.

The winner of this contest will be getting free cards as well. I will do my best to send something you need but if I don't have it you will get some trade bait instead. The prize value is $25 BV.

I will start posting questions as soon as I have 5 responses to this thread.

The way this works is answer as quick as you can. First response gets it. NO EDITING PLEASE

Each correct question answered is worth one point. The player with the most points at the end of the game wins the prize.

rybowski97 -1
cardsfest-4
jtraven42-6

Question 1: What park is home to the major's deepest true center field?
(Minute Maid Park)

Question 2: Who holds the record for highest career batting average in MLB history?
(Ty Cobb)

Question 3: Who holds the record for most times stealing home?
(Ty Cobb)

Question 4: What player holds the record for the most at bats in a single season?
(Jimmy Rollins)

Question 5: Who hold the record for the most consecutive scoreless innings pitched?
(Orel Hershiser)

Question 6: Which pitcher picked off more base runners than any other pitcher in MLB history?
(Steve Carlton)

Question 7: Which pitcher gave up more HR than any other pitcher in MLB history?
(Jamie Moyer)

Question 8: Who holds the record for the most losses in the live ball era (1920-present)?
(Nolan Ryan)

Question 9: Who was on the mound for the Brooklyn Dodgers when Yankee right hander Don Larsen pitched his perfect game in the 1956 World Series?
(Sal Maglie)

Question 10: What team got its name because of a second baseman named Louis Bierhaurer?
(Pittsburgh Pirates)

Question 11: How many World Series did Babe Ruth play in in his career?
(10)

Question 12: Who holds the record for most total bases in a nine-inning game? I saw this and loved every second of it.

Casey Stengel?
[Image: banner.png] [Image: wieters-1.png]
Collecting Orioles, Ravens, and Topps Baseball sets 57, (Finally finished 58!), 67, and 69 (need only 2!). Also, MLB HOF Autos.

Stengel
(05-29-2012, 07:49 PM)dbroockerd Wrote: Okay guys I have a few things I wanna give away just for fun to the Beckett community. I started a free card thread and its taking off and doing well. My kids especially are enjoying it.

The winner of this contest will be getting free cards as well. I will do my best to send something you need but if I don't have it you will get some trade bait instead. The prize value is $25 BV.

I will start posting questions as soon as I have 5 responses to this thread.

The way this works is answer as quick as you can. First response gets it. NO EDITING PLEASE

Each correct question answered is worth one point. The player with the most points at the end of the game wins the prize.

rybowski97 -1
cardsfest-4
jtraven42-7

Question 1: What park is home to the major's deepest true center field?
(Minute Maid Park)

Question 2: Who holds the record for highest career batting average in MLB history?
(Ty Cobb)

Question 3: Who holds the record for most times stealing home?
(Ty Cobb)

Question 4: What player holds the record for the most at bats in a single season?
(Jimmy Rollins)

Question 5: Who hold the record for the most consecutive scoreless innings pitched?
(Orel Hershiser)

Question 6: Which pitcher picked off more base runners than any other pitcher in MLB history?
(Steve Carlton)

Question 7: Which pitcher gave up more HR than any other pitcher in MLB history?
(Jamie Moyer)

Question 8: Who holds the record for the most losses in the live ball era (1920-present)?
(Nolan Ryan)

Question 9: Who was on the mound for the Brooklyn Dodgers when Yankee right hander Don Larsen pitched his perfect game in the 1956 World Series?
(Sal Maglie)

Question 10: What team got its name because of a second baseman named Louis Bierhaurer?
(Pittsburgh Pirates)

Question 11: How many World Series did Babe Ruth play in in his career?
(10)

Question 12: Who holds the record for most total bases in a nine-inning game? I saw this and loved every second of it.
(Shawn Green)

Question 13: Who holds the record for most World Series appearances as a manager?

Also, close to bed time for me...hope I'm racking up enough points to win. Soooo sleeepy.
Collecting Orioles, Ravens, and Topps Baseball sets 57, (Finally finished 58!), 67, and 69 (need only 2!). Also, MLB HOF Autos.

RIGGED!

casey stengel
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]

Curry Foley

Curry Foley

(05-29-2012, 08:56 PM)geauxbravos Wrote: RIGGED!
I'll assume this was a joke.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

curry foley
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]