`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
R they bringing back Topps Chrome?

R they bringing back Topps Chrome?
I was wondering if Topps Chrome was dead in Basketball. Thats, what I love to get the set of. Thanks, Ethan
[Image: RrDSQvU.png]

RE: R they bringing back Topps Chrome?
I wish...Topps needs to get an NBA license when Paninis expires
Players I Collect:

[Image: NewBanner_zps183e3df7.jpg][/URL]

Henderson Auto PC Stats:
Non 1/1's Autos: 193/202 95.5%
1/1's: 22/37 59.5%
Jersey #'d - 65

Yea its pretty much dead. Panini is the exclusive maker of NBA cards. The NBA thought it would help marketing if there was only one maker and Panini won the bid a few years ago. I read something somewhere that said Topps might not even put in a bid next time.Its a shame as Topps chrome is always good and there needs to be competition.

Im actually Surprised that Panini hasnt tried to come out with some type of Chrome set or something that would get Collectors excited year in and year out.. I thought they were on there way with the Donruss Elite Die Cut set but that died out pretty quick.

Thanks for the info, I didn't realize Panini was the only one that had the license for the NBA. That really sucks!!! They need to come out with something that is a distant price and a distant product. I vote Panini Chrome, with refractors and rc's.
[Image: RrDSQvU.png]

The closest panini has to chrome is Certified/totally Certified.

Collect Patrick Ewing, Jalen Rose, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green

if you have less than 25 trades, I will ask you to send first.

NBA card manufacturing needs competition... I hate only having one manufacturer...

Most of Panini's products are pretty good, but most are over priced...

Wish UD & TOPPS was back... don't like college cards... they are good once in awhile, but having tons of products with just college uniforms is old already... I don't even look at their cards no more & will not buy any more UD college boxes or singles..
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

Modern collectors (those who got into cards in the 1990's onwards) were spoiled because of the variety of products and companies. We all have to remember that during the 1970's there was only 1 company producing NBA Cards - topps. Yes, upper deck and Skybox weren't around until the 1980's but fleer was definitely around. ditto for Parkhurst and O-Pee- Chee (I may be incorrect about them being individual companies but you get the idea). My point is, American collector's - largely - have been spoilt for choice. For Australian sports there has only ever been one company at a time. For years, Scanlen had the sole license for Rugby League, Australian Rules football and Cricket. When we had NBL bsketball cards it was only Futera who had the license (that last about four years). Futera also had the license for Rugby Union (that was very quickly shelved). Now? The last 12 years, the only company doing sports cards for australian sports has been Select and they've only done AFL and NRL. Now they've lost their NRL license (at least) and new company will be doing NRL. So people who whinge and moan about lack of competition better stop and think about how lucky they have been and how lucky they are to live in america in an era where there has been variety.

I really dont think this is the website you want to come into and tell Americans that we are spoiled.

Skybox Autographics Set Collector

Jchaves, you are entitled to your opinion, but you do have to admit that - compared to the example I gave - american sports collector's have been spoiled for choice. If you don't like the word spoiled, let's say pampered.