Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hobby packs?

hobby packs?
Have you guys tried the hobby packs?

If so, hows was your luck with the hits?

Just wondering, I thought i would spend the same amount that i would buying a box. then i could sort of sample to help me decide what my next box would be.....

i would hate to order a bunch and then find that they had been the leftovers after someone already found the hits....

i wanted to find out from you first...

appreciate your feedback

RE: hobby packs?
.................... you've never tried a hobby pack??? Just go to your local card shop. No pack searchers there. But try a hobby box.
Collecting: Crede, Luck, Tannehill, Osweiler, Cobb

Revolving signature

Please tell me you haven't been throwing away your money on retail packs (stuff from Wal-Mart, Target, K-Mart, etc)...

ive learned the hard way with retail.....but no, ive never tried a hobby pack....ive bought many blasters and boxes ......havent been collecting too long.....so i thought id get sum H/O's......

Sad thing about it, i have to get hobby boxs online just to buy hobby packs. I dont know no LCS around my area unless i drive about 1 - 2 hours away

Would you be getting the packs from a store or online?

Sometimes it's like you said. The packs are gathered into one box after the hits are pulled from multiple boxes, it's easy. I pay a bit more at the lcs, but I know he doesn't do this kinda stuff. Only because I took the initial chance and pulled some good stuff buying packs.

Idk man, good question, but I do like knowing I'll get the hits with a box.
Resident Joique Bell Hoarder!

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/monsterx

Get a hobby pack u will never go back to retail
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

Ive done my best with stuff through retail, you just need to know what to buy and where to buy it. Ive boughten hobby stuff from my LCS and havent gotten a thing worthwhile. I talked to a few others on here that i know shop there and there have been reports of the owners son opening packs resealing the, or doing pack searching.

I look at this way, if you buy like say a pack of topps and buy it retail, they cant pack search rookie cards or the like.
[Image: minnesota_vikings_banner_7822big.jpg]

Look my friend do whichever is best for you, I like both. I buy hobby online because I don't have a local ship unless I drive 1.5-2 hrs. But I also buy retail but I do have a rule, when buying retail blasters only and look the box over real good to make sure it hasn't been opened either. That's a good rule of thumb. You have better odds of "hits" from hobby but sometimes retail is fun, just the odds are more against you but it's not impossible to pull a "hit".
[Image: Hof_zpsa29cd41a.png]

If you smoke in your home, please don't trade me.

Everyone has there oppinion about which places to buy from online. I personally buy hobby from LCS's that I trust, such as Line Drive Sports in Tiffin or TCI sports fan. Most places wouldnt risk searching boxes and losing customers, not saying some dont, but for example when TCI gets in new product, they have so many customers the boxes dont last long. I got 2011 Topps Platinum box the day the got them in the store, was standing there waiting on the UPS. They opened the case and put all the boxes in front of me and I picked whichever one I wanted. As Far as online chose Dave and Adams for a box of 2011 Contenders and pulled 8 autos out of the box including one autographed superbowl ticket. Its all a gamble and all about luck. If everyone pulled a something spectacular out of every box it would kill the hobby and make the cards meaningless. There was a day when you werent guarrenteed anything as far as a "hit" in a hobby box, it seems this year even in retail your guarrenteed something. Dont get me wrong its makes it worth my money but Its disheartening when people are crying cuz they didnt pull a cam newton, tim tebow,sam bradford, andrew luck or rg3 out of every pack they open. I spend money on old stuff just to be suprised even though I know my chances are not that great and actually getting something because I find it FUNNNNNNN!
[Image: PeytonVolsBannerAbsoluteFinal.png]

http://s1146.photobucket.com/albums/o528...Garretson/
Peyton Manning, Zac Dysert, and UT Vols