`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
XstreamINsanity's 2011-12 Panini Past & Present Breakout and Breakout AU set/contest

XstreamINsanity's 2011-12 Panini Past & Present Breakout and Breakout AU set/contest
As I stated in my preview of 2011-12 Panini Past & Present I really want to go for the Breakout and Breakout AU sets. And as I stated in another thread I had, I am going to have a contest for you all to participate in. Since I have two packages out for delivery right now with many cards I need from the sets (mostly base), I figured I'd start the set progression and contest thread.

Card #BreakoutBreakout AU
1Blake GriffinBlake Griffin
2John WallN/A
3DeMarcus CousinsDeMarcus Cousins
4Stephen CurryStephen Curry
5Brandon JenningsN/A
6Taj GibsonTaj Gibson
7Tyler HansbroughN/A
8Tyreke EvansTyreke Evans
9Brook LopezBrook Lopez
10Eric GordonEric Gordon
11Andrew BynumN/A
12Derrick RoseDerrick Rose
13Russell WestbrookRussell Westbrook
14Kevin LoveKevin Love
15DeJuan BlairDeJuan Blair
16James HardenJames Harden
17Jrue HolidayJrue Holiday
18Wesley MatthewsWesley Matthews
19Derrick FavorsDerrick Favors
20Landry FieldsLandry Fields
21Greg Monroe x2Greg Monroe x2
22Jeremy LinJeremy Lin
23Serge IbakaSerge Ibaka
24Eric BledsoeEric Bledsoe
25DeMar DeRozanDeMar DeRozan
26Gordon HaywardGordon Hayward
27Danilo GallinariDanilo Gallinari
28Michael BeasleyMichael Beasley
29O.J. MayoN/A
30Ricky RubioN/A
Green Background - Won/Traded For
Incoming
Received
Red Background - Redemption

Now, I know overall I'm going to end up overpaying for this set. But I love the way it looks, like the checklist (will mean I'll own a Griffin and a Rose AU, sweet), it's PC so I don't mind.

The contest is for you to guess how much total I'll end up paying for both sets. So far, all cards that I'll be receiving have been purchased (on the bay). Some have combined shipping, some don't. The one who guesses the closest to the total amount paid will win something, but I'm not sure yet. It could be the a hit or two from a box of 2011-12 Panini Past and Present I plan to break on Fathers day, maybe a Fathers Day Wrapper Redemption pack I'm hoping to get on Fathers day if I get the box of Panini Past and Present, or something else. The winner and I will negotiate. If I get a Kobe AU, Griffin AU or other card from the box break (if I get it) that I can sell for a nice price, the winner may get 25% of whatever I sell it for. We'll see.

Also, some of the cards are redemptions (I believe Ibaka is a redemption), so there may be some changes along the way. I'm going to try and get them though and this will be my first time having to deal with redemptions. Smile Please let me know if you see any others, or have pulled any, that are redemptions so I know which ones to keep an eye out for. Thanks.

Now, I am trying to get it to where this set should be completed by my birthday (October). The base is almost complete and should hopefully be within the next two weeks. However, I see some of the AU going for $20 (like a Cousins I saw go last night), so the AUs will take some researching and hopefully some members on Beckett will sell them for cheap to me. Smile However, the two hardest, I suspect, will be Rose and Griffin. I'll either have to get extremely lucky, or really get some overtime in. Smile Good luck to everyone willing to participate.

Guesses

bbills1999 - $871.01
rybowski97 - $780.00
quavis - $734.79
buckunteer - $691.71
xarzy - $1,100.00
newfiecomicguy1 - $640.00
jeep1991 - $542.37
philly eagle in az - $737.37
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

RE: XstreamINsanity's 2011-12 Panini Past & Present Breakout and Breakout AU set/contest
$871.01

I have the Griffin, Lin and Rose putting you back about $600 and $200 for the rest and $73.69 for shipping charges

RE: XstreamINsanity's 2011-12 Panini Past & Present Breakout and Breakout AU set/contest
(05-25-2012, 10:02 AM)bbills1999 Wrote: $873.69

I have the Griffin, Lin and Rose putting you back about $600 and $200 for the rest and $73.69 for shipping charges
Oh god I hope not. I think, THINK, I'd be ok at some point grabbing a Griffin for $75 and a Rose for $100 (these aren't numbered and it's a low end product), I'm hoping Lin won't be any more than $50 and I do believe that will be overpriced, but I'll be fighting off people with higher income than me. Smile

(05-25-2012, 10:11 AM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: Oh god I hope not. I think, THINK, I'd be ok at some point grabbing a Griffin for $75 and a Rose for $100 (these aren't numbered and it's a low end product), I'm hoping Lin won't be any more than $50 and I do believe that will be overpriced, but I'll be fighting off people with higher income than me. Smile
If Lin resigns with the Knicks Linsanity might not be over if he signs elsewhere i think the Hype dies out alot

$780.00 IS MY BEST GUESS WITH SHIPPING INCLUDED. I AM SURE U WILL BE ABLE TO BUY UP A MIXED LOT FOR SOME OF THE LOWER AUTOS TO SAVE YA A FEW BUCKS.
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]

834.79. I dont see how it could be done for less than $800 imo.
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

Man, you guys are kind of making me think this over. Smile Let's say $1 per base card (not the average of what I spent, using it for this scenario), that is $30 right there (not including shipping). So take the roughly $800 you guys are saying, take the $30 out, then that's $770. Divide that by 24 (number in AU set), that's roughly $32 per AU including shipping. Well, I guess it's good I got two AU for less than 1/6 of what they would be combined using that formula. Smile I do think the Lin, Rose and Griffin are going to be the killers though. Sad

(05-25-2012, 12:36 PM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: Man, you guys are kind of making me think this over. Smile Let's say $1 per base card (not the average of what I spent, using it for this scenario), that is $30 right there (not including shipping). So take the roughly $800 you guys are saying, take the $30 out, then that's $770. Divide that by 24 (number in AU set), that's roughly $32 per AU including shipping. Well, I guess it's good I got two AU for less than 1/6 of what they would be combined using that formula. Smile I do think the Lin, Rose and Griffin are going to be the killers though. Sad
sure i may have over shot a little bit but if you think your gonna get the Lin, Griffin and Rose for under $100 before your Birthday i think your sadly mistake..

Once Lin is named the Knicks starting PG his stuff will go up again until he Fails..

Rose i havent even seen one pop up on Ebay yet so that means its either a Redmeption or none have been found either way when they start popping up they will be Hot as others will also be trying to complete this set..

This is why i said $600 for the Lin , rose and Griffin i dont see them coming cheap

You said you had a box coming already, thats $100, Ther rose is min. $150, Griffin, Min. $120, And Lin min. $120. Thats $490 without the base or other autos. That was my thinking anyways.
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

(05-25-2012, 12:51 PM)quavis Wrote: You said you had a box coming already, thats $100, Ther rose is min. $150, Griffin, Min. $120, And Lin min. $120. Thats $490 without the base or other autos. That was my thinking anyways.
Good Point i didnt even consider the Box LOL