Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help on this item!!!

Need help on this item!!!
Hello,

I purchased this card and received it today. Upon closer inspection I realized that the card is missing the sheet metal piece. The seller listed the card as having a 4-color piece of sheet metal and I was thinking that it was a scraped piece of metal.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280881719024?ssP...1497.l2649

Anyways I contacted the seller (who offers returns) about it and he states that I can return it to Press Pass and he pretty much doesn't want to refund my money. Below are the 2 responses I received from the seller so far.

1. Sorry you dont like that extremly sweet harvick. that was pack pulled and fresh.You saw what it looked like when you put your bid on it. i see in the scan 4 color on the sheetmetal.you paid,i delivered, and you got it safe.if i was a huge harvick collector i would be very proud of that card.- sethdei

2. if u dont like it send it back to presspassthat card is flippin awesome!!!!- sethdei

What should I do? Open a claim? Am I at fault? Thanks for any help
Now he's offering a partial refund. Would $15 be too much to ask for? Not enough?

RE: Need help on this item!!!
do you have abetter scan of the card you recieved because sometimes they list sheetmetal but it could be another body piece of a different material
Photobucket

It looks strange for sure but if hes gonna give you $15 back Id take it and be happy IMO...
[Image: davisban2bcopy4.jpg]

Can you scan the card that arrived? Does it look exactly like the pic he posted? I'd need more info to give you an informed opinion. I have had a similar situation happen to me before too. A current scan would help a lot.

Here's some pics that I took this morning. Hopefully these will help.

[Image: sheetmetal2pic.jpg]

[Image: sheetmetal1pic.jpg]

Did you try poking it with a pin or a similar metal object to make sure it's not metal? If it's not metal then what is it? You can always send a scan to Press Pass and get their opinion on it as well. They have pretty good customer service. Like someone else said you can send it to Press Pass and they will fix the problem and you may end up with a better card. So if he's offering a partial refund I would take it and then contact Press Pass.

(05-25-2012, 06:45 AM)evilbread Wrote: Did you try poking it with a pin or a similar metal object to make sure it's not metal? If it's not metal then what is it? You can always send a scan to Press Pass and get their opinion on it as well. They have pretty good customer service. Like someone else said you can send it to Press Pass and they will fix the problem and you may end up with a better card. So if he's offering a partial refund I would take it and then contact Press Pass.
I tried pushing on it on the front and back and what it appears to be is the adhesive that Press Pass uses to stick the sheet metal. As you can see from the pic there is a gap where the sheet metal should be. You can look in it and see the shoe and firesuit pieces from the side. He keeps insisting it's there and he asked how much for a refund but hasn't said he'd pay it.

I'm still wondering on this one if it is not the sheetmetal.

Some of the cards, the Sheet Metal does sit lower down. Also, most cars are wrapped now with vinyl so a piece of Sheet Metal that has been "rubbed" or wrecked will have a messed up look and little bumpy vinyl feel to it.

I don't know if the adhesive would be 4 colors like that.

As an earlier poster said, have you tried poking or tapping on it with a piece of metal? When you pushed on the front and back of the card, was that piece flexible or stiff?

Worst case, you could try sticking a needle through it from the front and if it goes through - then for sure it is not sheet metal and you could get a replacement from Press Pass.

Ken
CURRENT NEEDS:
*2011 Topps Black Diamond Wrapper Redemptions (wants marked in ORG)
*All Carl Edwards Cards I don't have (wants marked in ORG)
*Marcus Thornton, Kevin Johnson (NBA)
*"Air Coryell" San Diego Chargers
[Image: 6802037740_e2e39685ee.jpg]

(05-25-2012, 11:39 AM)hellsbells Wrote: I'm still wondering on this one if it is not the sheetmetal.

Some of the cards, the Sheet Metal does sit lower down. Also, most cars are wrapped now with vinyl so a piece of Sheet Metal that has been "rubbed" or wrecked will have a messed up look and little bumpy vinyl feel to it.

I don't know if the adhesive would be 4 colors like that.

As an earlier poster said, have you tried poking or tapping on it with a piece of metal? When you pushed on the front and back of the card, was that piece flexible or stiff?

Worst case, you could try sticking a needle through it from the front and if it goes through - then for sure it is not sheet metal and you could get a replacement from Press Pass.

Ken
I tried pushing on it and it is flexible. I'm afraid to try a pin because I wonder if I send it to Press Pass if they will just add a piece of sheet metal and send it back. I sent a scan to Press Pass to get their opinion so hopefully they get back quickly. I have another damaged card sent to them and I haven't received the replacement yet after 2 months. But they are fast at redemptions. I sent a Dale Jr. like the Harvick and received my card 1 week later.

You won't get the same card back. They would get you a whole new card. Meaning you wouldn't have the same patch or anything. Only thing that would remail is the serial number. Also Did you try looking under the other shoe or firesuit? In Total Memorabilia sheet metal did become dislodged and slid under the other stuff.

I cannot see it not being in there as the card would be damaged if it was taken out. And they use a double sided tape adhesive to secure the pieces. I can't see it being 4 colors like that as HellsBells pointed out. And sheet metal will sit lower as it's thinner than the memorabilia. You can tap it with a pin or some other metal object. You can tell the difference between metal on metal and metal on cardboard.

And looking at your pics I still say its metal.