`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Touched by Greatness video

Touched by Greatness video
I am a huge Ripken fan. I have been following the Cal Ripken "Touched by Greatness" redemption cards on eBay. While looking at a listing I saw a link to a youtube video of Cal giving his "hand print" .

I am glad I did not place any bids before seeing the video. Cal was wearing a batting glove while hand printing the cards. IMO i think think it is a little misleading. I bet most collectors thought he would give a straight hand print.

What do you think? Is the archives ad misleading? Does the batting glove take away from the value and personal touch of each card?

Collecting: Bryce Harper, Cal Ripken Jr, Mickey Mantle, Roger Maris and Ted Williams.

RE: Touched by Greatness video
Probably for identity theft reasons is why they used the batting glove.
[[Image: banner2.jpg]

I don't see why Ripken would want anybody having his fingerprints. That's just a little creeepy. If it makes you feel any better, I'm sure Ripken touched the card at one point or another.
[Image: angelsbanner.jpg]

Yeah, you could tell from the pre-sale ad that he was wearing a glove. You could see the design in the ink. I didn't think they would let him use his real fingerprints.