`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did I miss something?

Did I miss something?
As I am watching the Celtics-Sixers game I catch something on the banner at the bottom of the screen. The first time I notice Tyson chandler made the all defensive team, second team. This does not shock me. What shocked me was that he was also named the defensive player of the year. Isn't the defensive player of the year considered the best defensive player in the league for that year? If so how does the defensive player of the year not make the first team? Unless I missed something shouldn't he automatically be placed on the first team? Can someone help me with this?

[Image: Nick.jpg]

RE: Did I miss something?
He should be LOL no idea how he didnt get it..
But really the Voting process is Stupid someone actually Gave Carlos Boozer a Vote.. That right there tells your its BS.

(05-23-2012, 10:08 PM)bbills1999 Wrote: He should be LOL no idea how he didnt get it..
But really the Voting process is Stupid someone actually Gave Carlos Boozer a Vote.. That right there tells your its BS.
Yeah, I wasnt sure either. I thought there was some info I did not know or something.

Yeah, the media and newswriters vote for the Players of the Year awards (MVP, Defense, ROY, 6th Man). The 30 NBA coaches vote for All-NBA teams. Serge Ibaka was voted ahead of Chandler in the Power Forward position I imagine. The coaches vote for the best player at each position.

(05-23-2012, 10:35 PM)motu79 Wrote: Yeah, the media and newswriters vote for the Players of the Year awards (MVP, Defense, ROY, 6th Man). The 30 NBA coaches vote for All-NBA teams. Serge Ibaka was voted ahead of Chandler in the Power Forward position I imagine. The coaches vote for the best player at each position.
Oh okay that makes sense then. If the awards are voted by two different groups, then this makes since the difference. Thanks for the info.

BTW I have a couple more Jordans if you are interested. Send me a PM if you are.

So i gues the question is who is the Dumb coach to vote for Carlos Boozer? that guy should be kicked out of the league

(05-23-2012, 10:47 PM)bbills1999 Wrote: So i gues the question is who is the Dumb coach to vote for Carlos Boozer? that guy should be kicked out of the league
Probably Larry Brown. Smile
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

because hes a bum and only plays when he wants to. if he was on first team he would not help the team at all. take a look back at his career and ask yourself why is he just now in the past two seasons started to play well. hes a baby and only plays well when he gets his way. trust me. been following his career for almost ten years.
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

(05-24-2012, 09:42 AM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: Probably Larry Brown. Smile
C'mon, Xtreme! Fellow Pistons fan here ... at least Brown led them to a title. You have to admit, NO ONE thought they'd beat the Lakers, much less kick their a---s.

For that I will always be grateful to Larry.

(05-24-2012, 09:30 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: C'mon, Xtreme! Fellow Pistons fan here ... at least Brown led them to a title. You have to admit, NO ONE thought they'd beat the Lakers, much less kick their a---s.

For that I will always be grateful to Larry.
I'm grateful for the championship, don't get me wrong. But he has some questionable decisions in the past. Smile
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards