`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1997-98 Pinnacle Mint question

1997-98 Pinnacle Mint question
i purchased a box just for the fun of it and noticed a good percentage of the cards were die cut instead of including a 'coin'.

The one that includes the 'coin' seems to be the base cards...
what about the die cut versions...where do i find those in the price guide? I looked and couldnt find a set in the price guide that would make sense for what seems to be a parallel of the base set but just without a coin in the photo
Wanted:

Sidney Crosby, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins

RE: 1997-98 Pinnacle Mint question
Some wise and enlightened person (not me) will answer this soon.
Collecting all the Ron Hextall Cards especially those
pesky 1 of 1 cards and other low print runs.
I am also collecting Bernie Parent, Pelle Lindbergh,
Antero Niittymaki & other Flyers goalies.
http://s728.photobucket.com/albums/ww288/dam1057/

The diecut version is the base card, not the one with the coin on it. The one that is the complete card, with no diecut is the bronze version. If you look them up in Beckett then click on Lindros in the list, photos of each are in there.
Collecting:
Current Penguins / Sidney Crosby / Penguins RCs

[Image: 39d17c38-0760-4e5f-8be4-b6c654d92bea_zpsjsqahbfv.jpg]
The mountains are calling and I MUST GO!!!!

(05-24-2012, 07:17 AM)pens1fan Wrote: The diecut version is the base card, not the one with the coin on it. The one that is the complete card, with no diecut is the bronze version. If you look them up in Beckett then click on Lindros in the list, photos of each are in there.
thats what would make sense to me but when i look at the base for card 11 (Patrick Roy) for example the picture shows the card with the coin...so i guess i can assume it was the wrong card uploaded?
Wanted:

(05-24-2012, 05:23 PM)arock99 Wrote: thats what would make sense to me but when i look at the base for card 11 (Patrick Roy) for example the picture shows the card with the coin...so i guess i can assume it was the wrong card uploaded?
yes, the base are all die-cut (having the circles to place the coin in the card). The only thing that's odd, is that it doesn't look like the coin. If you click on the Roy Brass Coin, from the same set, it shows the picture of the coin, in the card.
[Image: finlandbanner.jpg]
Bucket - http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/phildonu37/ (I don't update my bucket when stuff is gone)

thanks guys...

not that any of the cards are worth a lot as expected

although i did get lucky and got a gold version of Steve Yzerman which books for 50

it was a fun break though because of the coin every pack
Wanted:

glad you was able to get answered
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)