`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Damaged eBay booklet question

Damaged eBay booklet question
I purchased a booklet on eBay and when I got it their was damage on one of the corners. I contacted the seller to see what we can do about it. I was willing to keep the booklet because I collect LeBron and wasn't planning on getting rid of it. I paid around $32 for it, so the seller offer to refund me $4 because he felt that USPS did the damage. I thought that was crazy but was willing to go with $6 because I honestly don't believe that he damaged the card. He responded with $5.20 (which was the shipping).

I started to get upset because he wanted to hagel over spare change. I let him know that it is still the sellers responsibility to make sure that the item is in the condition in which it was stated to be in. He dosen't want to budge off of $5.20 and told me to contact eBay to resolve it.

I know that if I get eBay involved I will win the case, but I'm trying to work with this guy. I could've asked for more money back because of the damage to the card. Here's some pics:
[Image: photo1.jpg]
[Image: photo2.jpg]
[Image: photo3.jpg]

How do you all think I should handle this situation?
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]

RE: Damaged eBay booklet question
If the booklet came in that case, it's not shipping damage - it's the seller's fault. Especially considering it's on the top few layers that are bent. I'd be showing the seller the pictures and dare him to say it was shipping.

Collect Patrick Ewing, Jalen Rose, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green

if you have less than 25 trades, I will ask you to send first.

(05-22-2012, 09:21 PM)taffster74 Wrote: If the booklet came in that case, it's not shipping damage - it's the seller's fault. Especially considering it's on the top few layers that are bent. I'd be showing the seller the pictures and dare him to say it was shipping.
That's the crazy part. He said all of that after he saw the pics and tried to hint at me damaging the card??? I want to just send it back to him. He wouldn't be able to get what he sold it for. The sad part is that I'm willing to keep it. A normal person would be glad to refund $6 for the damage.

Send it back. Why would you want to keep that?

Agreed, it's /199, find another one. File a case for item not as described - externally damaged. I just had the same issue with someone on here. The card showed up and one of the corners was dinged bad. The picture used for the sale was cropped enough to hide the damage. But you could actually just barely see the crease in his image. Really only noticeable as a crease if you were looking for it. He claimed there was no way he missed that when it shipped and since I had taken it out of the holder it came in and transferred it that he was more or less convinced that I dropped the card while moving it over. I would had to have thrown the card at the ground to get the crease it had. Anyone who knows me knows that I do my box breaks wearing white cotton gloves, literally. I don't drop cards. Anyways, I just sent it back for a full refund. The card was /100 and it was not worth it to me with the damage.

Seems to me the seller is playing the game.. He knew the card was damaged when he listed it. If you complain and start an Claim via ebay you will have to send the card back he will prob refund you the money you paid and then just reppost it and go thru is exact same thing with the next guy who buys it and will keep doing it until someone accepts his terms or dont even ask for a refund..

I decided to file a complaint. It's sad when you are willing to resolve problems with sellers and they start to act like you owe them something. He wasn't willing to do a $6 refund. He wouldn't be able to get $26 for that card if he wish upon a star, lol. I just don't get these people.

definitley the sellers fault, get a refund and ship that bad boy back.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

(05-22-2012, 10:23 PM)kenarm79 Wrote: I decided to file a complaint. It's sad when you are willing to resolve problems with sellers and they start to act like you owe them something. He wasn't willing to do a $6 refund. He wouldn't be able to get $26 for that card if he wish upon a star, lol. I just don't get these people.
He wont get 26 for that Card IF he states its damaged .. If he claims its mint then he might get the same if not more..

didn't read everybody's response, since I'm watching Jessica Sanchez on American Idol..

I would tell the guy you want a full refund & send the card back... those type of cases are garbage... I would assume the card was damaged during shipping, because of poor packaging/protection...

Was the case taped shut? how was the fit? Was the card loose in the case or tight?

If I shipped a booklet, I'd ship it in a toploader, without the pennysleeve & tape the end shut so the card can't move around during shipping. I'd also put a cardboard blank or something that would add more protection, then I'd ship in bubblemailer.

I'd suggest telling the seller/shipper that you will open a case with ebay requesting full refund.

That is too much damage to the card.. even if you love the card & it was part of your PC. I would pass it up & try to get another card... especially if it is a /199.

next time you buy a booklet card, ask the seller how he is going to ship it & see if they can send you a pic of the case they are going to mail the card in.. I've had to send back 2 or 3 jersey/patch cards of Ultimate & Exquisite, because of damage... but the damaged card I usually received was the cardboard separating the different type of patches... I hate it! so know, when I buy a patch card, I ask the seller to put a cardboard blank or extra protection along the outside of the toploader (if they use toploaders) on the patch side of the card... helps during shipping, especially if the bubblemailer accidently goes through USPS automatic sorter, which they do sometimes.. you'll see the marks on the envelope... that's why I write "non-auto feeder" & "fragile" on both sides of the bubblemailers I ship...
oh, by the way. I have received "lots" of cards in those type of casings... they always break open.. last time I received a "lot" was 2008. I did receive an UD BLACK card, with slight damage, which was shipped in same kind of case. corner was damaged slightly... not as bad as yours though...

even the regular card cases that everybody uses for sets.. the ones that just slide, without hinges... those can open during shipping too... that is why sellers/traders tape the sides.. I hate using tape on cases, but it helps to protect cards during shipping.... don't trust USPS, FEDEX, UPS, or any other shipper (i.e. international shippers) to protect your cards... they will throw your package & step on it...

have you seen the fedex or UPS guy (forgot which shipper it was)... guy threw a LCD TV over a fence...

I've received numerous packages that had foot prints on them... even dirty finger prints from hot cheetos.. YUCK... if it is not my dirty finger print, then forget it... GROSS.
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*