`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
12 Topps Archives

RE: 12 Topps Archives
(05-22-2012, 09:23 PM)TheHammer417 Wrote: A lot of people seem to only like the high end stuff.
I on the other hand can't wait to pick up a box or two this week, I can't bring myself to spend $200+ on one box of only 30 cards. Tried it with tribute and was such a horrible box for the money. I'll stick to the lower-mid end $90-$100 a box type stuff.
I am with you. I simply don't have the budget or the stomach for a high end product. The mid to low end have always come through for me.
If you have less than 25 trades. I ask that you ship first!
Collecting RC's / Prospects / USA / Aflac & Mike Stanton......
[Image: Scan1-1.jpg]

I was excited about it at first but now I think I will just snag the few cards I want and call it a day.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

Im wit Cala on this one, looks kinda crappy. I want to wait for Bowman Chrome and better yet for 5 star. I might grab a Darvish single off the bay for .99 if I feel like it, but 200 bucks on two boxes of archives could be saved for a better Jumbo of Chrome. Them prospects you were talkin about are the future and most of em seem to pan out! Save you money, just another box of cardboard funnies. Go get the sunday paper, you get them for 1.50.

Good luck man, Ive been waiting for this one a while too. I preordered 3 boxes from blowout because I want to do the master set. I like the auto checklist. I like that it is not full of a bunch of guys I have never heard of and is full of a bunch of players you might never see a certified auto of again.

Example. Bill Lee, Jimmy Key and Cleon Jones. Not stars by any means but highly regarded players among the teams fan base. That is why they call it fan favorites. Mike, please check me for any of your four fan favorites autos.

LF 1934/1936 Diamond Stars
&
05 Turkey Red SPs
13 Turkey Red
12 Archives Au's
12 Archives Gold
13 Finest Master Set
Ginter mini Snakes/Fortunes/Beards/Hats/Bikes

(05-22-2012, 12:44 PM)mikecala98 Wrote: it's weak. check my bucket for the "goodies" from my 2 boxes!
2 printing plates, 2 auto's from 2 boxes plus short prints and EVERY insert selling $1 to $2 on the bay and other sites? I dont feel the product will be weak at all...

I can't wait to pick up a box, I like stuff like this and after seeing the autograph checklist I am even more excited. Sooooo many names from my childhood that don't normally pop up on checklists. Really want the Jim Abbott and John Kruk autos and if I do buy a box I will probably do the full set lol. It never ends!!!!
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

(05-22-2012, 09:56 PM)JonnysCards Wrote: Im wit Cala on this one, looks kinda crappy. I want to wait for Bowman Chrome and better yet for 5 star. I might grab a Darvish single off the bay for .99 if I feel like it, but 200 bucks on two boxes of archives could be saved for a better Jumbo of Chrome. Them prospects you were talkin about are the future and most of em seem to pan out! Save you money, just another box of cardboard funnies. Go get the sunday paper, you get them for 1.50.
I preordered mine for $50 a box. thought that was pretty price, so I didn't pass on it. But your right, I would not have spent $100 a box.
If you have less than 25 trades. I ask that you ship first!
Collecting RC's / Prospects / USA / Aflac & Mike Stanton......
[Image: Scan1-1.jpg]

(05-23-2012, 08:49 AM)jnjbj Wrote: I preordered mine for $50 a box. thought that was pretty price, so I didn't pass on it. But your right, I would not have spent $100 a box.
50 a box is a super price. I'd buy a case at that price lol.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

50 a box? Holy Crap, you sure that wasn't retail? Most hobby boxes are around 80-85!!!
[Image: banner.png] [Image: wieters-1.png]
Collecting Orioles, Ravens, and Topps Baseball sets 57, (Finally finished 58!), 67, and 69 (need only 2!). Also, MLB HOF Autos.

I agree, this set seems about as convoluted as Lineage last year. The only real appeal I see it having is the auto list. I hate how much Topps cannibalizes its old designs. Stop looking to the past! You don't have any competition, so no need to keep playing the 'historic' angle. It's one thing to have sets like A&G or GQ that harken back to 'ancient' trading card past. But so much Topps does now reeks of unoriginality. Stop watering down your past and start being creative.