`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Getting Screwed, is there anything I can do?

RE: Getting Screwed, is there anything I can do?
(05-21-2012, 06:55 PM)captdolo Wrote: So the guy wanted 1265 for the card, but would take 250 if I sent it as a gift. It was a lesson learned and one I would not take again

It is the second most expensive SINGLE card I ever purchased.
265, or 1265? im hoping that was a typo (1265) on your part. if not....i have a bridge id like to sell you

(05-21-2012, 06:55 PM)captdolo Wrote: I wont post his info until I reach a final conclusion to the mini saga

You can make "gift" payment to someone through paypal and there are no fess for the person receiving the money, but you lose any claim to a dispute when you pay by gift.... So the guy wanted 1265 for the card, but would take 250 if I sent it as a gift. It was a lesson learned and one I would not take again

It is the second most expensive SINGLE card I ever purchased.
OK, thanks for the help. Hope everything works out for you ...

From a legal perspective, the fact that you marked the item as a "gift" is not determinative of that fact. -However, paypal will not refund it to you as a matter of course. Depending on the amount of energy you want to expend, you could contact his local police department or file a lawsuit in small claims. Sorry to hear you got burned.

I haven't read the whole thread, but feel free to post the guy's ebay name. I'm feeling in a bidding mood and I imagine a few others on here may be as well!
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

I don't think you should get the police involved in this. This is a small claims case that you can represent yourself at. Please let us know his eBay ID so I can at least block him. I didn't know what PayPal Gift was but I for sure wont be doing that after reading this
[Image: angelsbanner.jpg]

Yea, post the ID or at least a completed auction of his (if you dont want to just give it away) as a link please.

I'm itching to bid!!!!!

"Lets Do IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
[Image: rainbowsig.png]
^Need the Purple 1/1! Will Pay A Finder's Fee!^

Collecting: Andrew McCutchen (me) & Derek Jeter (wife)

It is a matter of time before Paypal completely nixes the "gift" payment option. I am guilty of using it myself, but it's essentially a way to skirt their fees, which is basically stealing from them, so don't be surprised when the option is gone. I am shocked that it hasn't happened already.
[Image: 1849c983.jpg]

(05-22-2012, 07:28 AM)keyser soze Wrote: It is a matter of time before Paypal completely nixes the "gift" payment option. I am guilty of using it myself, but it's essentially a way to skirt their fees, which is basically stealing from them, so don't be surprised when the option is gone. I am shocked that it hasn't happened already.
it does have legitimate uses though, and id be unhappy if they did get rid of it. For all my far away nieces and nephews and cousins, I send them a paypal "gift" for their birthdays. Especially for the younger generation, e-cash is more appreciated than actual cash (i dont understand that mentality, but i take that as another sign im getting old)

i would never ask a buyer to use the option though, nor would i use it with any seller if they asked. ill pay the fees if necessary as a buyer. to be truthful, if someone asks me to paypal gift them, i automatically lean towards "they are gonna try to scam me"

What is the eBay user's ID? Let us all know so that we do not purchase from him and suffer similar problems.