`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good for the hobby or bad for the hobby?

RE: Good for the hobby or bad for the hobby?
(05-20-2012, 04:03 PM)all day baby Wrote: Who determines what a 'supercollector' is or means? I have ALWAYS said, collect who or what you want. Do not EVER let someone else determine what you collect. YOU should be the one that decided what a supercollector is for your situation.

And to answer the original collection, I think that many 1/1s is pointless. But I also think that if I have an opportunity to pick one up, I will. However, I do not NEED them to be complete.

I could not have possibly said it better ... + 1,000,000,000 on that, ADB.

I'm a relatively new member on here (about six months), and I've never really understood why so many people get worked up about PCs, super collections, etc. ... I mean, I've got boxes dedicated to individual players, teams or sports, but I don't set any concrete rules as far as which ones are untouchable, which ones are automatically trade bait, etc.

If I really, really like a card, I keep it.

If I don't, I sell it or trade it. It doesn't mean I gave up "PC" just because it was a player I liked, nor am I not a "super collector" of the Detroit Lions just because I don't have X amount of cards, autos, 1/1s, etc.

I've got two Stafford on-card autos, a Calvin OCA, a Barry Sanders jersey/auto, and either through the mail or OCAs of Suh, Leshoure, Smith, Broyles, Best and Pettigrew, not to mention sticker autos of Young and Burleson — plus several jersey cards of most of those guys.

The point is, I'm very happy and satisfied with them. We're talking maybe 20 total cards.

So do I technically qualify as a super collector? No way, probably not.

To get back to the original post, I feel like the more stuff they put out and/or try to come up with can only help collectors by giving them choices as far as price range, personal taste, etc.