`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Offers (Explain mentality)

RE: Best Offers (Explain mentality)
(05-19-2012, 11:21 PM)mobster Wrote: I don't think his beef is with average offers being rejected, I think it's offers not being responded to at all and that is pretty rude.
+1
I can accept if you want a higher offer, just communicate that. Dont just ignore a potential buyer.
Example
The Buy it now is $50
Card in recent ebay auction has ended between $26-$40 with the average being in the $30 area.
I offered $32.50. Think its not "too low". I think its just a lazy or greedy (waiting for a higher offer, that may not come).
Being an ebay seller, it just makes me not want to send another offer. If the offer is "too low" there is always the counter offer and decline options. To just let it linger for several days is just rude to a potential buyer IMO.

(05-19-2012, 11:52 PM)creativemunky Wrote: +1
I can accept if you want a higher offer, just communicate that. Dont just ignore a potential buyer.
Example
The Buy it now is $50
Card in recent ebay auction has ended between $26-$40 with the average being in the $30 area.
I offered $32.50. Think its not "too low". I think its just a lazy or greedy (waiting for a higher offer, that may not come).
Being an ebay seller, it just makes me not want to send another offer. If the offer is "too low" there is always the counter offer and decline options. To just let it linger for several days is just rude to a potential buyer IMO.
offers are only good for 48 or 72 hours
and you keep harping on the "average" thing. it's not up to you to determine what the right price for the seller to should sell it. that's just silly.

and since there is no pre-exisiting relationship between the potential buyer and seller, lack of communication isnt rude

but it really just sounds like your upset that you they wont sell to you at the price YOU deem fair

(05-20-2012, 12:03 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: offers are only good for 48 or 72 hours
and you keep harping on the "average" thing. it's not up to you to determine what the right price for the seller to should sell it. that's just silly.

and since there is no pre-exisiting relationship between the potential buyer and seller, lack of communication isnt rude

but it really just sounds like your upset that you they wont sell to you at the price YOU deem fair
That was only my second post. So I dont think "harping" applies. Plus Im not deeming what it ends for, I am just making an offer. The price range is from completed auctions as I stated.

No, not upset at all, because like I stated before, I can wait. I think its rude, because when its starts going on day 3 and I didnt bid on one that ended at $26.03 because that offer was still pending and then in case of a scenario that all of a sudden he accepts, then I would have to pay for 2 if I won the other auction.

Yes, to ignore a potential buyer is rude, you can always decline or make a counter offer if you deem it to be too low. If you can list additional items, you can click one of those buttons. Rudeness I am harping on.
(05-19-2012, 11:35 PM)yankeescop Wrote: I can understand that there is no obligation to respond. BUt at the same time just hit the reject button if the price is not something you like. Just sounds like a lazy seller to me.
+1

im sorry, but it is only rude if you believe the seller has some obligation to respond to you, as if there is a pre-exisiting relationship between the two parties

i do not believe that, given there is no relationship, that there is no obligation to respond.

as far as your scenario: since a best offer only lasts 48 hours, and ebay specifically says "Please allow 48 hours for a response from ****", im not seeing the problem here. if you decide that you cant wait 48 hours, and enter into another potential contract with another seller, that is not the seller's fault, but your own

(05-20-2012, 12:28 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: im sorry, but it is only rude if you believe the seller has some obligation to respond to you, as if there is a pre-exisiting relationship between the two parties

i do not believe that, given there is no relationship, that there is no obligation to respond.

as far as your scenario: since a best offer only lasts 48 hours, and ebay specifically says "Please allow 48 hours for a response from ****", im not seeing the problem here. if you decide that you cant wait 48 hours, and enter into another potential contract with another seller, that is not the seller's fault, but your own
If thats the case then why did I make the offer when it said 29 days remaining on the item listing, and now it states 26 days....yet its still pending. The same card that ended at $26 went off 4 hrs ago. He listed more items early this morning.

So its my fault that this guy would hold me into this "contract" by ignoring my offer MORE than 48 hrs later?
The relationship is I am a bidder that placed an offer, that unless accepted or decline or counter offered than I can not shop around for another. Since all it takes is the seller to hit "accept" or "decline" to finish the sale and the buyer would be automatically locked in, I would disagree there is "no relationship". So yea, it is kinda rude to ignore your potential customer.

This is like the ONLY feature that benefits the seller on ebay. lol
I know being a seller on the bay sucks nowadays.

it's only a potential relationship. i have no obligation to negotiate with you

we obviously disagree. is there really a need to for us two to discuss this any more? probably not. if i dont respond, it isnt me being rude Tongue

What I hate about best offers is for example, BIN is 150, I offer 135, they counter with 148. If the lowest you will go is 148 then why did you even put a best offer in then? Just stupid....
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

(05-20-2012, 12:45 AM)Haze28 Wrote: What I hate about best offers is for example, BIN is 150, I offer 135, they counter with 148. If the lowest you will go is 148 then why did you even put a best offer in then? Just stupid....
Exactly, whats the point of putting in a "best offer" option if sellers behave like that or dont respond to their offer. Just leave it at Buy it Now then.

(05-20-2012, 12:16 AM)creativemunky Wrote: That was only my second post. So I dont think "harping" applies. Plus Im not deeming what it ends for, I am just making an offer. The price range is from completed auctions as I stated.

No, not upset at all, because like I stated before, I can wait. I think its rude, because when its starts going on day 3 and I didnt bid on one that ended at $26.03 because that offer was still pending and then in case of a scenario that all of a sudden he accepts, then I would have to pay for 2 if I won the other auction.

Yes, to ignore a potential buyer is rude, you can always decline or make a counter offer if you deem it to be too low. If you can list additional items, you can click one of those buttons. Rudeness I am harping on.

+1
You do realize you can retract your best offer and bid so you didn't have to buy both cards. I buy and sell cards and when someone doesn’t respond within 24 hours I normally send him a message and see if we can work something out because if you really want it you will try to make it happen. You can't get upset on if he chooses to respond to your offer. A lot of times if you send him a message he will explain why or say this is what I am looking for the card. Communication is the key if you want to get the card or you want to be the persons who says maybe if I offered a little more he would of accepted.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

One problem that I encounter frequently is that buyers and sellers have eBay emails go directly to their spam file. They don't have their email set up to accept notifications such as offers or correspondence through My Messages, which are forwarded to the attached email address for the account. It's quite possible this seller is set up this way and has no idea he's getting offers.