`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i need some help please!

i need some help please!
i am going to be trying to sell some cards at a card show for the first time.

i want to find a creative way to try to make some money. i have seen the "dice game" where you can roll 6 dice and if you get a yatzee of all 1's you get a jordan rookie card, and every number in between you get some crappy card. only 2 dollars a roll! lol / i dont want to go this way.

i want some time of experience where the customer has fun, but can get some good cards as well.

have you seen anything at a card show that you thought was cool?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

also. i have tons of good cards. and the tables at the show are 50 dollars a piece. how many tables should i start out with at my first show?

thanks for all your help,

SPC VanHook
US Army

RE: i need some help please!
You can do the same thing but have different levels for every 1 rolled. And if no 1s then they get a crappy card.

Or do a wheel of fortune type.
[Image: dontpray11.png]

I would say if it is your first show, I would go one table and no gimmicks. Get your feet wet and see how it goes. In my experience when you are the new guy at a show you usually are pretty busy because the other dealers have not seen your stuff. I have done my best in these situations. Keep it simple and see what it is like to keep your head on a swivel so inventory doesn't walk, deal with the times you need to take a break and so on. The first time can be kind of overwhelming. Just my two cents.
Collecting Dan Haren,Troy Tulowitzki, Al Rosen, David Christensen, Kevin Elster and Jamal
Anderson(RB)

Thanks for the advice!

Once before I had a friend who had a booth at a show and he let me put out a few things. I sold a T-205 Joe Tinker and a T-205 Frank Chance. So it was a great day. But I made these 50-card packs with all kinds of cards in them. I sold them for 10 bucks. But I decided to really make them awesome. I put at least 50 dollars bv in each pack and a couple packs even had T-206's and some had 1952 Bowman's. I only sold 2 packs. lmao. People are so gun-shy from being ripped off by commons. I guess with time people will learn that i am honest and they will trust me, but for now i have to pay my dues.

I would still like more ideas if anybody has any, and thanks to those who already helped!

Showcase your better stuff. I find a lot of people like to dig through common boxes for single cards. I do really well this way, I price commons out at 10 cents each and let them go to town. That includes Jeter, Pujols, and the rest, I would rather have a customer buy 160 cards at 10 cents each, than 4 cards at 25 cents or more. This is a good way to attact new business too as people see someone stopping and takeing time at your table and they will come to see what you have. Good luck.
Looking for autos of these players as well as established stars and superstars.
[Image: bannerwork.jpg]

http://s212.photobucket.com/user/tdog677...te=replace