`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1998 MJx break: Live?

1998 MJx break: Live?
After the fiasco yesterday, I'm on my way to the post office shortly to pick up this awesome box!

If I get a couple responses between now and then I'll break the box live and post results 4 packs at a time. Otherwise I'll just post results as usual Smile
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

RE: 1998 MJx break: Live?
Well, I'm here, as usual. Smile
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

haha shocking. Well one response, maybe I'll do 6 packs at a time instead? Smile Here goes!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

(05-17-2012, 11:16 AM)buckunteer Wrote: haha shocking. Well one response, maybe I'll do 6 packs at a time instead? Smile Here goes!
Thank you sir. I have you and Panini Unwrapped of 2011-12 to entertain me today. Smile

OK. I'm 8 packs in, already have what will undoubtedly be the hit of the box.

So far I've got two of the "3rd quarter highlights" inserts, one of the 1st quarter highlights, two of the red timepieces #ed to 2300 and...

MJx Timepieces #91 GOLD numbered 02/23!! By far the lowest numbered MJ I now have!! It books for almost what my fiancee bought the box for. She'll be excited to see me so excited about it!

AWESOMENESS!!!!!!!!! Smile Imagine if you pull another. lol.

One can only hope xstream!

Packs 9-16 didn't disappoint either, actually. Only one of the 8 packs didn't have some form of insert (other than the 4th quarter highlights that are 1 per pack).

I hit 4 more red timepieces /2300 (including card #23, how fitting!), a 3rd quarter highlight, a best of times insert and the biggest hit of this section was a bronze timepiece #ed /230. That's now the second lowest numbered MJ I have haha. That was also what I figured would be my best hit. Now with that gold timepiece it's just a nice bonus!

Last 8 packs coming Smile

NICE HIT!!!!
Players I Collect:

[Image: NewBanner_zps183e3df7.jpg][/URL]

Henderson Auto PC Stats:
Non 1/1's Autos: 193/202 95.5%
1/1's: 22/37 59.5%
Jersey #'d - 65

Nice pulls! I bought a box of this back when they first came out and had similar results, getting one of the gold's /23 and two /230.

Last 8 packs!

Pretty anticlimactic unfortunately. Pulled 2 more red timepieces /2300, two 2nd quarter highlights and a 3rd quarter highlight.

One of them felt a little thick and I clung to the desperate hope I'd hit one of the GU pieces, but I can't complain about the box at all!

The collation is good too. Since there are only 10 4th quarter highlight inserts and they're one per pack, I obviously got a bunch of doubles there. But I didn't get a single double on the base nor on any of the other inserts, so kudos to Upper Deck for that.

The quarter highlights and best of times inserts are considered part of the base, they're just short-printed (best of times the rarest, then 1st quarter, 2nd quarter, etc.), but I'm within 20 or so cards of finishing the whole base set, so that may be a goal in the future Smile

I have almost 20 of the red timepieces now as well, and I really like the look of them, but there are 90 more and the sell consistently above their surprisingly meager bv so I don't think I'll try that goal as much as I would like to!

I'll post some scans after I grab some lunch. Thanks for the comments everybody this was definitely an amazing break!