Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should you send every AUTO to PSA?
Question 
Should you send every AUTO to PSA?
I'm new to the hobby and I've purchased a couple Hobby boxes which have some autographed players I do not collect. Is it standard practice to send all AUTO's to be graded?

I only collect 1 player and these are cards I do not want.
2010 Dexter Mccluster Contenders Rookie ink AUTO
2010 Topps Platinum Carlton Mitchell AUTO
2010 Topps Platinum Marcus Easley with materials AUTO
2010 Contenders Morgan burnett Rookie ticket AUTO
2010 Conteders Sean weatherspoon Rookie ticket AUTO
2010 contenders David Gettis rookie ticket AUTO
2010 Topps Platinum Emmanuel Sanders AUTO

Thanks for the advice

RE: Should you send every AUTO to PSA?
Not even close. No autos need to be sent in that are pulled from boxes and have the certified auto jargon on the back.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

Let me ask a question. I've been collecting cards now for about a month. I've seen several auto's that are on holographic stickers. Are these worth buying? I've only been buying autos that are actually on the card. I figured on card autos would be more valuable. Does the player actually sign the holographic sticker ON THE CARD or does he just sign the sticker and the company puts it on the card?

If it's the latter, I would say that is definitely a rip off in my opinion. Thanks, Ed

They sign the stickers. As for the on card autos just make sure they are certified autos released by the card companies. About 90% of autos are on stickers these days.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

I have never had a card of mine graded...and yeah, on-card autos are cooler and preferred...but like branesergen said...most autos are sticker autos now, so you just get used to it.

I've seen some Tebow comeback cards recently and I REALLY want them but they're sticker autos so I just don't know if I can motivate myself to buy them.

Yeah, I have a real nice Tebow, but it's a sticker. I'd have rather had on-card, but in so many cases, they're way out of my price range. Ultimately, though, you like what you like. There are plenty of on-card Tebows out there. Good luck!

I may break down and buy a few sticker autos. I've developed a wicked sick Tebow collection in the past two months.

Nice. I'm actually a Bronco guy...so now that he's not a Bronco anymore, I've stopped collecting him. But there are some real nice ones out there.

All my Tebows (auto, gu or base/insert) are all in my Org...feel free to check and see if you need any of them.

Jim