`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Selling on Ebay

RE: Selling on Ebay
(05-15-2012, 09:33 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: no listing fees on auction style listings no matter the start price, Buy it now also free. just final value fees. doesnt count towards your 50 freebies a month
last month I read that the free listings start after your 50 free monthly listings.. so if you haven't sold any this month.. you list your first 50 free, then if ebay has a free listing day, list the rest of the cards you want to sale. I never list 50 cards in a month, if I do, most are relisted cards. I am too scared to list high dollar cards at .99 auctions & don't want to get accused of pulling auctions early, if they don't sale for what I want.. I have seen a few sellers do this, because they don't want to pay for a "reserve" price...

recommendations.. take all the scans and/or pictures.. save them on your computer in a folder called "ebay listings"...

put all the cards you want to sale in a separate box, so they don't get mixed up with your PC or cards you're not saling..

list the 50 monthly free listings right away.. or save a few for other cards you might obtain that can be sold later in the month...

when ebay has the free listing days.. you are already to submit new listings..

in the end, you're saving time... and all your auctions will end near the same timeframe... instead of days apart..

scanning cards does take a lot of time... so be prepared ahead of time..

Xtreme has a good post on the sell of "base lots". also very good recommndations.. sometimes it's hard to sell base or "lots", either because you don't list pictures/scans of every card or not every card is listed in the description.. new buyers, even veterans will complain and/or give bad feedback if the listing is not written well... I read today that one guy thought he was buying 10 RC cards of some baseball player, when actually he was only buying one.. the mess up was because there was no discritpion, except "you will receive card in picture" The listing description said something like "2010-11 10 RC baseball card of palyers name" so the "10" after the product year looks as if the buyer was getting 10 RC cards, which was not true.. it was a power seller that listed the card.. all his auctions where written the same.. he received 4 negative & 6 neutral feedback in the last 30 days because of the same write-ups... which are poorly written...

click on Extreme's profile & then search his threads... you should be able to find his thread regarding ebay & selling "lots" pretty easily...

good luck.

NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

(05-15-2012, 10:14 PM)jpleazme805 Wrote: last month I read that the free listings start after your 50 free monthly listings.. so if you haven't sold any this month.. you list your first 50 free, then if ebay has a free listing day, list the rest of the cards you want to sale. I never list 50 cards in a month, if I do, most are relisted cards. I am too scared to list high dollar cards at .99 auctions & don't want to get accused of pulling auctions early, if they don't sale for what I want.. I have seen a few sellers do this, because they don't want to pay for a "reserve" price...

recommendations.. take all the scans and/or pictures.. save them on your computer in a folder called "ebay listings"...

put all the cards you want to sale in a separate box, so they don't get mixed up with your PC or cards you're not saling..

list the 50 monthly free listings right away.. or save a few for other cards you might obtain that can be sold later in the month...

when ebay has the free listing days.. you are already to submit new listings..

in the end, you're saving time... and all your auctions will end near the same timeframe... instead of days apart..

scanning cards does take a lot of time... so be prepared ahead of time..

Xtreme has a good post on the sell of "base lots". also very good recommndations.. sometimes it's hard to sell base or "lots", either because you don't list pictures/scans of every card or not every card is listed in the description.. new buyers, even veterans will complain and/or give bad feedback if the listing is not written well... I read today that one guy thought he was buying 10 RC cards of some baseball player, when actually he was only buying one.. the mess up was because there was no discritpion, except "you will receive card in picture" The listing description said something like "2010-11 10 RC baseball card of palyers name" so the "10" after the product year looks as if the buyer was getting 10 RC cards, which was not true.. it was a power seller that listed the card.. all his auctions where written the same.. he received 4 negative & 6 neutral feedback in the last 30 days because of the same write-ups... which are poorly written...

click on Extreme's profile & then search his threads... you should be able to find his thread regarding ebay & selling "lots" pretty easily...

good luck.
Thanx man.. i plan on Texting and talkin to Jay about it before i start but dude is always busy and Ignoring my messages(when he isnt trolling me on here) LOL

(05-15-2012, 10:14 PM)jpleazme805 Wrote: last month I read that the free listings start after your 50 free monthly listings.. so if you haven't sold any this month.. you list your first 50 free, then if ebay has a free listing day, list the rest of the cards you want to sale. I never list 50 cards in a month, if I do, most are relisted cards. I am too scared to list high dollar cards at .99 auctions & don't want to get accused of pulling auctions early, if they don't sale for what I want.. I have seen a few sellers do this, because they don't want to pay for a "reserve" price...
free listing day is wholey seperate from the 50. and you can list at any starting price with no fee

BTW thanx to everyone on here .. IM gonna try to put some lots together these next couple of days maybe start out with 10 Lots.

Im thinking maybe 9 Card Lots(what i can Fit into one Scan) some insert lots , Some RC Lots and maybe a few Team Lots of the Remaining Playoff teams that would include Inserts and RC's. I would also be very detailed in my descriptions where i would List every card that is in the LOT so there is no Confusion as to what someone is getting..

Ill prob start the Listings at .99 Cents with $2.75 Shipping (since i have bubble mailer already)

i am looking to finish off a few base sets for various years. If you let me know what base you are trying to get rid of i will have a look at what i need and could possible help you out on the base front.

I have Various Sets from 08-09 and 09-10 Topps , UD , Murad, Prestige , Classic , Topps Treasury come to mind off the top of my head.