`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Let me get this straight...

Let me get this straight...
Ok, so the Jordan Shipley 1/1 contenders RC sells for $132 on May 8th (I lost by a few dollars) it is now relisted by the winner for $400!!! I get the whole "make a profit by flipping cards" thing, but $400??? Cmon now... I really would love to add it to my PC, but that just isn't very cool... But to each their own I guess... It's all about business anyway... I already made a pretty reasonable offer, but of course it was instantly declined... Anyone else having issues like this, or am I just being difficult???
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

RE: Let me get this straight...
Dude I mentioned this before but someone is trying to sell a JT 1/1 for $2500 so I feel your pain!!!
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

(05-15-2012, 05:53 PM)bakerman8419 Wrote: Dude I mentioned this before but someone is trying to sell a JT 1/1 for $2500 so I feel your pain!!!
Don't get me wrong people... I get the profit thing... I do... But to put unrealistic prices, and hold the cards ransom to true collectors is just unfortunate... It is what it is I guess...

Wendy taught me not to advertise when I'm going for a particular card or set, but unfortunately when we super collect a player, word gets out and prices go up.

In 09 I was collecting Jason Smith (remember? Lol) well, I was going for his SP Rookie Threads nameplate. I put it in my signature on this forum and updated it with the letters I still needed. I was buying each card for 4-5 bucks! By the time I got to my last two letters, they were all BIN 35-60 bucks. One seller even responded to my PM saying "I think it's worth the price if you really want to finish your set."

People are greedy scum. Lol
I collect BAYLOR MEMORABILIA and SPORTS CARDS. Also RC QB autos and Redskins. My Album: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/Sensei322

Man do I know your grief. A guy bought 2 David Gettis 1/1's for under $60 a piece now he lists them every so often on ebay for $200
[Image: cbeg-2.jpg]
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/Da...or%20Sale/
Chris Henry Collection Items:811/423 MEM:307/152 AUTO:395/175 Ser #'d:711/343 RC:38/37

pm sent man. check it out
PC Collections Josh Morgan, Tim Tebow, Brock Marion and Derek Anderson

(05-15-2012, 06:04 PM)sensei322 Wrote: Wendy taught me not to advertise when I'm going for a particular card or set, but unfortunately when we super collect a player, word gets out and prices go up.

In 09 I was collecting Jason Smith (remember? Lol) well, I was going for his SP Rookie Threads nameplate. I put it in my signature on this forum and updated it with the letters I still needed. I was buying each card for 4-5 bucks! By the time I got to my last two letters, they were all BIN 35-60 bucks. One seller even responded to my PM saying "I think it's worth the price if you really want to finish your set."

People are greedy scum. Lol
I agree, but I have noticed quite a few Shipley cards these days I would love to own, but the sellers just won't play ball or budge... If anyone has an idea of what the going rate for his cards are these days, it's me... I really try to be fair with my offers...They basically say you want it I have it... I want 1 million dollars... Crazy thing is his cards are so cheap overall these days... I will just get what I can... NO way I can own them all, but I can try...Wink

I had a few done me like that and yes, it does make me a lil mad but its part of life i guess Sad

Its his card, why can't he do what he wants?
Collecting Jimmer Fredette.

This has happened to me! I found the josh freeman sp authentic auto nfl shield 1/1 in 2009. It went for around $600, and then I didn't have enough Paypal, nor going hard enough then. Last year the same card surfaced when I said I would be picking up back up on collecting him. Two days after the night i posted, it was on another site and eBay for $12,000... To top it off a corner was completely mangled and the card would be lucky to come back a 7. I sent the guy an offer of $1000 anyways (thought that was to much) and the guy called me a piece of $#%t and to stop lowballing him!! Funny part is he still has it!
Betts Hursh Kimbrel Smile

[Image: bd2740c1-d591-4332-b7b1-0528f205c994_zpsdbff6c02.jpg]