`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is trading activity to an all time low?

RE: Is trading activity to an all time low?
I would never say it is a waste for me to go to the p.o. If someone needs a card for pc-I still say there is no difference in mailing a friggin 10 cent card-or a hundred dollar card-none. Most people that I know here and at other sites, who trade for their pc-will usually go out of their way for another collector.

I think it IS the mass produced patches and autos that has not only ruined this hobby, but, like the lottery, it has ruined traders as well. A few former collectors that I have known don't really collect anymore, they look for *good* deals on cards so they can make a buck. It leaves us collectors out.

Sometimes I feel sorry that I collect people whose auto patch cards are worth less than the 40 dollar minimum that traders put on their mailing. I mean c'mon (insert exasperated sigh here)
[Image: AllthingsOregon2copy.jpg]

I love a good trade but I tend to have trouble as well.....I see a list of people from this trade I'm going to make a note of and go down the list and send some offers up. Watch your trade section people, it's coming.
[Image: Hof_zpsa29cd41a.png]

If you smoke in your home, please don't trade me.

I was thinking the same thing earlier this week!

I've been away from the site for a little over a year. Last time I was here, I'd post a thread with some hits and get 8-10 responses almost every time. Usually a few trades would go through from that.

But since I've come back I'm lucky to get any responses, much less trade offers!

I too love to trade for base and low-end stuff as long as I need it for my PC. I do prefer to get the trade value up to make the trip worth it, money is tight these days. I wanna help everyone out, but you gotta help me out!

I hope this thread does breed some trades. It's about time!
Collect BARRY SANDERS, Tom Brady, Bama Alums and Randy Moss
[Image: cfFrftN.png]
I only give DC for trades over $50

I just figured it was an offseason lull, and things would pick back up when licensed 2012 products come out. Sometimes it is very difficult to trade for something because people are only looking for a specific player. Theres still a lot of Bruce Carter base I need but it doesnt seem like many people have listed FT the ones I still need.

I agree with everything you said. I find it hard because most thing people have is stuff they want to much for. My last 3 trade attempts went like this:
1. I wanted a $15 auto they wanted a $35 auto in return.
2. They wanted a $20 and were offering me $8 worth of base cards that the deemed "HARD to Find"
3. They wanted $30 sv in cards but said my stuff was only worth $50 Bv.

At this point I have be regulated to buying of comc to get anything new
[Image: cbeg-2.jpg]
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/Da...or%20Sale/
Chris Henry Collection Items:811/423 MEM:307/152 AUTO:395/175 Ser #'d:711/343 RC:38/37

You think too much, lol! I will tell you where I am at, I cant speak for anyone else.

1. I cant afford to buy boxes so therefore trade bait is hard to come by.
2. I am a team collector and I am a hard head and focused on one player and that one player, the only cards available on this site, I either have, or they want too much for it or I dont have anything for them.
3. I am burnt up on a $10 trade and $3 to ship it. If it isnt a $25 trade and I feel that is too low, I dont want to mess with it.

Those are MY reasons for not trading alot. I think for you, you have a ton of Dolphins cards already, there are numerous Phins collectors around, you are in a big pond with not enough fish I am afraid and there are alot of fishing poles in the water looking for Phins. Packers too, lol! Oh and HOFers for non proven rookies, lol! I dont see how any HOFer's, Brady or Barry Sanders are left. It seems everyone wants the same thing, Barry, HOFers, Brady, Marino, and of course, Cam, Dalton, yada yada yada.....Wink

[Image: IMG_0004-3-1-1-1-1.jpg][Image: dcb5423c-6775-419e-9e21-4965884632ba.jpg]

I love to trade commons and I collect several players. Every night I'm putting hundreds of cards into my org. My entire collection is going up! I buy packs and blasters a lot but I rarely ever get boxes. My trade bait is scarce so I'm picky with the good chips I do have cause its hard for me to replace it. I'm always open to a trade though whether its for commons or the good stuff! I just ask for an equal value deal and I'm all in.
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

I have given up on trading. I am one of those that collect certain things but they are the things people dont want to give up lol Last 2 times I have just listed on ebay my max for the month and used the cash to buy what I want. Put 140 items up last days off, sold sunday for over $1000 and will use that to buy Magic needs and Peyton Manning. Its just easier than finding someone who A) has a Peyton B) getting them to trade the Manning for anything less than another player of that caliber. So from now on I'll keep the bay loaded up and buy what I like and if any trades come along I'll go from there.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

well I hate going to the P.O. but I use paypals multiorder shipping print it off at home for a 1.64 and put it in my mailbox and flip the red flag up and bam its done.Im in the same boat as alot of people here lack of trade bait ...But I love to trade if someone hits me up for some base or inserts I have I will dig and dig through thier org just to find stuff to trade for just to get a trade in .....once my move is done I have about another 75k cards Im going to start listing lol
Photobucket

it has slowed a little, but i feel i make enough trades, though sometimes it is frustrating. I don't collect anything specific so I know sometimes I'm perceived as hard to deal at times because I look, like, and inquire. I'm on a few boards, some more then others, but the majority of my trades are done here.
My Flickr

I'm not fond of wasting my time with folks who can't bother replying to trades or pms. If I don't reply, you're probably on the ignore list.