`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is trading activity to an all time low?

RE: Is trading activity to an all time low?
(05-15-2012, 05:17 PM)monsterx Wrote: I was saying that is why I think people only trade hits.
gotcha. maybe once things pickup at season start i can make some trades and sneak some of my base needs into the trades while its hot to trade.
PC Collections Josh Morgan, Tim Tebow, Brock Marion and Derek Anderson

[quote='p18mann' pid='2013168' dateline='1337120096']

But to start.... people like me don't like to trade stuff under $40 bv....just doesn't seem worth the trip to the po or the wait.

What could I do to make a deal happen if this scenario popped up?

My ideas would be:

You mail it using a PWE

You allow me to send a SASE so you wont have to pick up shipping

I can send some paypal to cover costs

I can find something that you need and we pull off a lower end trade

A lot of people feel the same as you do and Im curious would any of these ideas work for you to get a deal done?

Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

If you think Trading is slow on here go check out the Basketball boards..

No Seriously we need more people trading over there LOL

Baker ---

If someone really needed the card, I would be willing to trade it to them like a normal trade or possibly just let them have the card if I didn't want it. I would rather have the person get the card for free then have them screwed out of a Pc need just cause they didn't have anything I wanted.

[Image: p18mannbanner.gif]

I still believe it was a mistake to charge for the organize or opg to get organize. I am not saying it is expensive or arguing that they don't give good value for the money, just offering an opinion as to why there are less trades.
[Image: wavysig.jpg]

Cris Carter Collector 1660/2351
John Randle Collector 349/568
Pro Set Collector

http://s696.photobucket.com/albums/vv327...e%20Cards/

I am the king of trading base lol I will give up a $35 GU OR AUTO for the same bv in base and 70 80 90's the problem thats all I have to trade anymore and no one wants it lol so I just stop adding them to the org.Ill buy stuff on the bay to trade because I dont have any highend left..I have just made some cash deals because no one wants my Junk lol I will trade all day long but until the new stuff comes out I guess im sending cash
Photobucket

(05-15-2012, 04:53 PM)bakerman8419 Wrote: ...Things that contribute to this problem in my eyes:

...Strict collecting habits - Only collects 1 thing but still bust wax and get stuck with cards they cannot move...
I'm this kind of idiot. I love busting wax, and I like seeing what hits I get. Sadly, they usually aren't worth much. When someone finds a card they want, 99% of the time, they don't have any Bradford autographs. And on the bizarre chance they DO have one, they cannot find anything else on my end to equal up the trade.

In the past, I ended up selling my hits on eBay in team lots since I couldn't trade them away. Looks like I may have to do that again soon.
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

(05-15-2012, 05:04 PM)pbean Wrote: excellent thread Smile

for us it's just a "wait and see" philosophy ..... no need to dump $100's into players that aren't even on a roster yet, and till training camp starts well even our main PC's will be a tad stagnant for a while.

we try to trade when/if we can but no one here collects/trades vintage (no vintage is not the 1990's lol) so it's hard to work on our PC's from the 40's to the 60's Sad

are we getting "fussier" yes .....we are very careful who we trade with and we'll always scrutinize every deal ..... been burned too many times Sad

would we love to trade more ..... yes Smile that time will come in the next few months Smile
this what i'm thinking too...i also have to add it is a slow time for football for 3 or so months this time of year..alot of folks have have cabin fever and if like me..want to play in the garden,river or golf course instead of hangin' by the computer and their cards..
mabye its just me..but here...it rains from holloween till easter so we are ready to go outside by now and hang on the patio...or something
Tongue
gotta go..BBQ time.

2007 FotG NFL Prime 130/133
2009 FotG NFL Prime 66/90
2010 FotG NFL Prime 103/103
DONE
http://s877.photobucket.com/user/sto66/l...ECUT%20SET
2011 Playbook Prime 68/95

trading for me is at a all time low maybe before i wasnt as picky as today or it just that i had a few beckett guys that are not here anymore which is sad but because of the lack of trade and the lack of reply to pm has force me to move to other sites but i still love beckett 4 sure.
my bucket always up to date also i always willing to trade send offers

http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f49/jo...R%20TRADE/

My problem is everybody only wants high end. I have some high end but most of my collection is from 15-40$ I usually go for cardinals but I also have this idea of getting a nice card of every good player, and can still never work things out. I find myself buying tons of cards from teams that I know people like and they never want them lol.
Arizona Cardinals & Andre Roberts Collector

[Image: g3IbP.png]