`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is trading activity to an all time low?

RE: Is trading activity to an all time low?
I dont have much too trade right now. Had to hit that site for a few and a couple retail boxes for S&G. I will have some stuff going out here soon to some of the fine folks I have traded with in the past. Its not much, but at least they will be in the hands of someone that will appreciate them more then I would ever.
Who Dat Nation, Who Dat Pride!!!!!!! I am all about New Orleans and collecting Saints memorabilia.

[Image: imagesCAB5DF6E_zpsc77d5e81.jpg]

http://s448.photobucket.com/home/codenamelawman/index

(05-16-2012, 04:50 PM)gangstippie Wrote: I haven't traded in a while due to a 1 year old, work, and a wife that hates the hobby. I get on this site from my phone 90% of the time. I haven't busted boxes in a few months, but I have tons of stuff to add to the org. I just don't have the time to add them anymore. I love to trade and feel like I'm pretty easy to deal with. If I have an auto of a player I don't collect and don't care for, I don't mind moving it for things I want. Even if that means "lesser" cards or multiple cards.

To answer your your original question, I feel it's the "Supercollectors" and the team collectors that don't want anything else other than those players or teams. If you put up a trade thread, but only collect 1 or 2 things, it's going to be difficult to find something you want. Everyone has to be open minded when it comes to trading. Also, there are a lot of new people on here trading and that scares a lot of people off too.

My 2 cents.
well its every collector then because set builders only chase that set team collectors collect that team and player collectors collect that player Not sure how many collect Random anymore there is a chase for it all and every collector has limited items they want I am mostly a team collector still need 19k Skins cards so Thats the first things I check for then if need be Ill look for trade bait and some guys wont trade if you dont have nothing they want then they cancel the trade I dont blame them.But i think everyone is bored with 2011 and just waiting for 2012 see who makes the team then the push will begin
Photobucket

(05-16-2012, 07:06 PM)roostersclassics11 Wrote: well its every collector then because set builders only chase that set team collectors collect that team and player collectors collect that player Not sure how many collect Random anymore there is a chase for it all and every collector has limited items they want I am mostly a team collector still need 19k Skins cards so Thats the first things I check for then if need be Ill look for trade bait and some guys wont trade if you dont have nothing they want then they cancel the trade I dont blame them.But i think everyone is bored with 2011 and just waiting for 2012 see who makes the team then the push will begin
I agree with you 100%. I am one of those "supercollectors" in question I collect certain players. And several time I even pick up players I don't collect just to get deals done. But sometimes I just don't feel like trading down or getting stuff that will sit in my bucket for years. Is it my fault folks can't trade me their stuff that I just don't want?
[Image: cbeg-2.jpg]
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/Da...or%20Sale/
Chris Henry Collection Items:811/423 MEM:307/152 AUTO:395/175 Ser #'d:711/343 RC:38/37

Trading is difficult for me because I have limited funds and pack/box prices keep increasing with quality of content decreasing, so it's not worth it to me to bust wax and pick up trade bait. Then, you have the problem of people only wanting high-end stuff, and wanting it for dirt cheap. Nobody wants mid-to-low end any more, and that's mostly what I have (and what most collectors have).

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with "supercollecting". I just saying in general that if one side is only looking for certain things and the other side is only looking for certain things, it can be difficult at times to trade. Everyone has their niche and that's a good thing. Most people here can find something they can use in a trade. Most.

I love to trade just to trade if its marked ft in my org then its not special to me lol so I will trade it for something else thats why I have been putting together like the older 1000 yard clubs sub sets and things like that just to trade
Photobucket

One other thing I can think of is when traders keep going to other parts of my bucket to find trade items. I put my Pc in a whole different area from the Traders. And they still go searching and ask for Pc items. And then they get MAD when you say uh that's Pc. I don't mean to make it hard to trade but if its not in the Folder Listed "Cards for Trade" there is probably a reason behind it.
Chris Henry Collection Items:811/423 MEM:307/152 AUTO:395/175 Ser #'d:711/343 RC:38/37

Some people trade pcs though. For stuff I won't trade it's password protected so people don't ask for what they can't see generally
(05-16-2012, 10:19 PM)georgehenrycollector Wrote: One other thing I can think of is when traders keep going to other parts of my bucket to find trade items. I put my Pc in a whole different area from the Traders. And they still go searching and ask for Pc items. And then they get MAD when you say uh that's Pc. I don't mean to make it hard to trade but if its not in the Folder Listed "Cards for Trade" there is probably a reason behind it.
My Flickr

I'm not fond of wasting my time with folks who can't bother replying to trades or pms. If I don't reply, you're probably on the ignore list.

(05-16-2012, 10:29 PM)ft28jags Wrote: Some people trade pcs though. For stuff I won't trade it's password protected so people don't ask for what they can't see generally
I can see that but usually they have that stuff in the same area as the trade items. Or see able from the trade area. I keep mine in a whole other section no way connected to my trade items. But I may try that password thing. Question though I am a supercollector on another site and they use pics from my Bucket to show off my collection there. Will doing that make them invisible or non usable ?

My trading has definitely went way down, and not because I don't want to trade. I only really go after a few things, Chris Johnson, Titans/Oilers, and Bama Alum. I will however trade for anything sometimes if I like it, or if it helps to get a trade done for my main wants. I will sometime find something just to help someone out if I know they are a player or team collector and I have something they need.

My main problem is most of my cards for trade are in the $10 - $40 range and people don't seem to want any of those guys. Most of what I want to trade for is in that same range, but it's difficult for me to find something I want and the other person to find something they want. I don't know how many times I've sent a trade requesting 6 cards totaling $60 - $80, and I get an offer back for one of my $60 - $80 cards. If I don't take it, they cancel. I just can't trade a Jerry Rice auto or something similar for 6 $10 - $15 cards. I guess if you're not a team/player collector, you don't see any value in lower end cards.

I spend a ton of time sending trade offers. I used to complete probably 50% of what I would send out. Now, it's more like 10% - 20% at best. I've probably even annoyed a couple of people by sending them offers on a few occasions, because I get a few new cards and hope to be able to work something out or have something new they want.

The post office is not an issue for me, as I buy my bubble mailers in bulk online and use Paypal to ship. It's all much cheaper that way.

I think trading took a hit when they started charging for the use of the organizer. I believe this is the best and easiest site to trade on, but I think a lot of people left when the charging and site problems occurred.
[Image: gamsig.gif]
Collecting Chris Johnson, Titans/Oilers, Bama Alum (Active), and MMA
http://s1135.photobucket.com/albums/m636...ersHeaven/