`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clear Labels for BGS

Clear Labels for BGS
Thought I'd float this out there. On another thread, someone mentioned the value of getting 1/1 cards graded. The conclusion of most is that the slabbing is mor important than the grade. BGS , of course, would stick one of the big blue authenticated stickers in the slab.

I can't stand that blue sticker! I think it takes away from the overall appeal of the card and gives the impression there is something wrong with it.

Does anyone else feel it's time to change the look of the blue sticker? Or, even better, it's time to add a category/level for people who just want their cards slabbed (or if a card doesn't meet your minimum grade, you can still get it slabbed)?

I used to grade a lot. Not as much anymore. Too much money wasted and too many slabs needing to be cracked because I wasn't happy with the grade.

I can't be the only one out there bothered by this.

I would suggest that BGS could do a clear label for these cards. It would be more appealing to the eye and BGS could make a lot more money doing this.

I would pay for that!

Thoughts?

RE: Clear Labels for BGS
No. Can't please everyone.
[Image: Redskins_banner_1.gif]
[Image: Steelers_banner_1.gif]

(05-15-2012, 04:22 PM)alifaxwa2 Wrote: No. Can't please everyone.
I have found over the years that if I decide to sell something I'm no longer collecting, if it has the blue label/sticker, I get better offers when I crack it out of the case.

Some products are extremely surface and corner sensitive. 2007 Exquisite Football is a nice example of this as was 2009 SP Authentic. These brands did not grade well (a lot of 8.5 and almost no 9.5's in Exquisite).

There were some nice looking cards "raw" that were only going to get worse from paint chipping over time. It would have been nice to slab and protect alone.....no blue sticker. I would have been satisfied w/ no label at all, especially for the money put into it.

It would take nothing away from standard grading. Right now, I've spent less money on magnetic holders and saved about $20,000 in grading fees over the past 2 years. That was money lost by BGS.

I would say use the bronze color they use for Leaf and In The Game and some sketch cards at times.

Bronze would be to similar in color to the gold labels. I like the idea of the clear labels, first thing I think of usually when I see a blue label is that the card was altered, and it is unfortunate that it has to share a label color with altered cards.

Skybox Autographics Set Collector