`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OK, getting fed up. Anyone else?

OK, getting fed up. Anyone else?
So, the regular season is over, even the first round of the playoffs, gone. WHERE THE HELL ARE MY ROOKIES!? I know this is kind of a noob complaint, I've not posted here before, come to think of it. I bought 3 Bismack Biyombo rookie cards on eBay, just for fun, SP Authentic. Bought up several packs and boxes of the NBA Hoops garbage, then I read up (thats my mistake) and have found that, hmm Panini hasn't decided to give us rookies. If you can't tell, by my sn, I'm a Bobcats fan, I want a Kemba Walker rookie card, and I mean in a Bobcats uniform! What's the deal? Somebody explain, everyone, please vent.

RE: OK, getting fed up. Anyone else?
Panini isnt releasing ROokies this year

The lockout messed up their production and timing especially since their was no Rookie Photo Shoot day..so they decided not to have rookies this year..

sucks for this year but think of next years stuff with 2 rookie crops in it..
[Image: arod.gif]

(05-14-2012, 03:54 PM)bbills1999 Wrote: Panini isnt releasing ROokies this year
Wait....none? At all? My Bobcats trade everything for 2 lotto picks and I can't get a rookie on either one in a uniform? What about these pics of Kyrie Irving on what looks to be Prestige they have on their site?

They are releasing a few Redemptions in a Higher end Product but no actually ROokie cards this year. but not sure which Product

There will be redemption cards in Limited and Past & Present. I'm not sure if these will be considered RC cards or not. The ones for players from this years draft will be autographed, but the XRC for next years players will be base. At least that's what I got from Panini's blog.

As for why, it's multiple factors and excuses. The NBA did not hold a rookie photo shoot this year because of the lockout. That was the NBA's decision, not Panini's. Most RC cards I've seen for the last few years tend to be rookie photo shoot pictures, with a few exceptions. Maybe this is mostly from Panini, because I remember Topps and Upper Deck having action photos for their with some rookie photo shoot pictures. I don't know what the license details are for Panini with the NBA, so I can't be certain. Believe me, they've had people complaining to them and they've apologized, but they have made plans for the redemption cards and there will most certainly be rookie cards in products next year.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

I'm starting to question my very existence! Light headed.... So, this year, horrible set building possible redemptions, but maybe not. Next year, double rookies, but come on, it'll be way more expensive! Please, Upper Deck come back, somebody other than Panini....might not be all their fault but that's who i choose to take it out on.
So, why can't they just do a series 2, like way back in the day? Am I imagining things or didn't '92-'93 Skybox (My favorite, first purchases as a kid) break it up into I and II? This is how I learned roman numerals!

I agree it is bs and hopefully people stop buying the garbage they put out this year....it sucks
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]

People stopped wanting multiple series because of over production. Also, people want fewer products per year. And I'm not sure what the license says, but they may have to produce products for a year by a certain date, which is why they only produced 5 products.

And most people may have already stopped buying them, but people looking for the investment never will.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

gold standard this year will have rookie redemptions also xstream
Always looking to collect Carmelo Anthony patches and autos

Still offering 20 dollar finders fee for anyone who can point me to the T or Y of 07-08 Topps letterman set.

Check My Melo PC on my bucket.
http://photobucket.com/nateadamsdubvmelo

[Image: ZfsEI.png]