`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OK, getting fed up. Anyone else?

RE: OK, getting fed up. Anyone else?
Anyone else looking forward to the Topps 2013-14 product lineup?

Skybox Autographics Set Collector

(05-15-2012, 03:03 PM)jchavestx Wrote: Anyone else looking forward to the Topps 2013-14 product lineup?
Are they Licenced?

(05-15-2012, 03:26 PM)bbills1999 Wrote: Are they Licenced?
He's assuming Topps will get a license let alone actually compete for a license. To answer his question, I'm not, not necessarily. If they can keep the variation of refractors down and make their base somewhat half as attractive as their inserts, then yes. Smile
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

(05-15-2012, 03:28 PM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: He's assuming Topps will get a license let alone actually compete for a license. To answer his question, I'm not, not necessarily. If they can keep the variation of refractors down and make their base somewhat half as attractive as their inserts, then yes. Smile
Screw you i want Topps to release another Murad set that was Straight FIRE..

or maybe an Allen and Ginter or Gypsey Queen like they have in baseball.

(05-15-2012, 03:29 PM)bbills1999 Wrote: Screw you i want Topps to release another Murad set that was Straight FIRE..

or maybe an Allen and Ginter or Gypsey Queen like they have in baseball.
Ok, I'll take the Murad and Allen and Ginter, I do like them products. I haven't tried Gypsy Queen as it looks almost the same as Allen and Ginter to me (and you told me to concentrate on one sport, lol). But for topps, to me, their base have always been quite lack luster. The refractors add some appeal to them, only cause they're shiny. A chrome version (without refraction) doesn't make the design look any better (see 2007-08 Topps and 2007-08 Topps Chrome). But when they do refractors, they tend to go overboard. But yes, another Murad and/or Allen and Ginter would be cool in Basketball (though I think specifically Allen and Ginter was never a basketball product, always baseball exclusive).

(05-15-2012, 03:33 PM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: Ok, I'll take the Murad and Allen and Ginter, I do like them products. I haven't tried Gypsy Queen as it looks almost the same as Allen and Ginter to me (and you told me to concentrate on one sport, lol). But for topps, to me, their base have always been quite lack luster. The refractors add some appeal to them, only cause they're shiny. A chrome version (without refraction) doesn't make the design look any better (see 2007-08 Topps and 2007-08 Topps Chrome). But when they do refractors, they tend to go overboard. But yes, another Murad and/or Allen and Ginter would be cool in Basketball (though I think specifically Allen and Ginter was never a basketball product, always baseball exclusive).
Ya they had Turkey Red or whatever it was called Not Allen And Ginter..

(05-15-2012, 03:40 PM)bbills1999 Wrote: Ya they had Turkey Red or whatever it was called Not Allen And Ginter..
Ugh, horrible product. Especially when a set name is "2006-07 Turkey Red Red..." Come on now.

(05-15-2012, 03:48 PM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: Ugh, horrible product. Especially when a set name is "2006-07 Turkey Red Red..." Come on now.
I Didnt Collect it so i dont really care LOL actually 07-08 Topps was my first set getting back into collecting after a good 10 year lay off.

(05-15-2012, 03:49 PM)bbills1999 Wrote: I Didnt Collect it so i dont really care LOL actually 07-08 Topps was my first set getting back into collecting after a good 10 year lay off.
Shoot, you could find blasters all over the place and almost have a complete set from it. Not to mention, some of the blasters had half of the rookie set in it, so it was cool. But the inserts were lacking. But, that's what a retail product should be. Smile

Any manufacturer that wants to produce any set that has any rookie cards of that season's rookies that I can actually pull out of packs — retail included — is exactly what I want.

I'm a Sacramento Kings fan. The last few years, the Kings have been making free public appearances and signing autos at various fast food places, sporting goods stores, etc. ...

I prefer cards to any other kind of memorabilia, so that's what I get signed.

First year I got Tyreke Evans on one of his Panini rookie cards; following year I got DeMarcus Cousins on his Donruss Elite promo from the National as well as his Prestige rookie; got Hassan Whiteside on his Prestige rookie the same day.

This year, for Jimmer Fredette and Isaiah Thomas? I had to buy a couple of custom cards on the Bay to have something for them to sign.

They're cool cards and they look really good with the silver ink, but legit true RCs would have been WAY better.