`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
someone answer this question please

someone answer this question please
so i have a 2008 topps #2 RC of kevin durant with the white border...i heard topps made more of the black borders than of the whites....is this true?? anyone confirm this???

RE: someone answer this question please
Black Border was the regular Version . The White border was a Retail Version it was a Walmart or Target Exclusive i cant remember which and i believe the Other had an Orange version.

(05-13-2012, 10:31 PM)bbills1999 Wrote: Black Border was the regular Version . The White border was a Retail Version it was a Walmart or Target Exclusive i cant remember which and i believe the Other had an Orange version.

yeah the white version is part of a complete rookie set. Which was made more/less is irrelevant really. White border one books less either way!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

the black version was over produced from what ive heard....do u know if the white was the same as well or no????

the black border was produced the same as all other rc cards, the white and orange border (walmart and target retail rc sets) are more rare but they are retail rc set cards and do not book as much as the real rc card, although, they all sell in the $1-$3 range.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

Technically, the White and Orange are not considered RC cards even though they are part of a rookie set. And I am not sure I would say they were made the same or one made more than the other. If you go to K-Mart, you can get a mixed pack and it guarantees you 14 rookie cards. Those 14 rookie cards are either the white or orange rookie set (I've got both). However, you can buy 5 blasters of 2007-08 topps and not pull one Durant RC. Yes, it's happened to me. Smile
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards