Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help identifying a 2011 Leaf Ken Griffey Jr Auto

Need help identifying a 2011 Leaf Ken Griffey Jr Auto
Hello everyone.

I recently purchased a new Griffey Auto for my pc. Its suppossed to be a cut signature, but the piece that is autographed looks like a piece of plastic. The piece of plastic looks to be about 1/8 of an inch think. And its slabbed in a beckett case. I cant find the card in the priceguide or in becketts database.

The silver labe at the top says...

2011 Leaf Best of Baseball
Cut Signature
Ken Griffey Jr.

and ther is no card number or serial number on the card to identify it.

Has anyone seen anything like this before?? Any help as to WHAT i have and what a value on it might be (yes, I know we cant discuss bv's) would be a huge help.

Thanks in advance!! Smile

Photobucket
Photobucket
[Image: banner.jpg]
Collecting everything BRETT FAVRE
Packers HOF Autos
**LF/WTB: Packers '97, '98 & '99 Precious Metal Gems & Flair Legacy Collection Parallels!!**

RE: Need help identifying a 2011 Leaf Ken Griffey Jr Auto
Type 2011 griffey in the searxh box then on left hand side click the autograph tab. should be 28 diff griffey autos. then just find the one you have with card number and SN.
no org, please do not send trade requests

(05-13-2012, 09:19 AM)michaelstepper Wrote: Type 2011 griffey in the searxh box then on left hand side click the autograph tab. should be 28 diff griffey autos. then just find the one you have with card number and SN.
I did that and I didnt find a match. And my card has no card number and no serial number. Sad
[Image: banner.jpg]
Collecting everything BRETT FAVRE
Packers HOF Autos
**LF/WTB: Packers '97, '98 & '99 Precious Metal Gems & Flair Legacy Collection Parallels!!**

(05-13-2012, 09:19 AM)michaelstepper Wrote: Type 2011 griffey in the searxh box then on left hand side click the autograph tab. should be 28 diff griffey autos. then just find the one you have with card number and SN.
That's simple enough as long as Beckett has the set in their system. And if they don't?

It is from 2011 Leaf Best Of Baseball. There were three players in this subset: Griffey, Gwynn, and Maddux. There were both serial numbered and non numbered versions of Gwynn and Maddux for sure and probably Griffey also. Why Leaf had them sign these weird shaped chunks is only known by them.

Weird. i hardly looked at the card and pic is fuzzy on my phone. contact beckett, they need to include this in the price guide since they even authenticated it.
tried sever diff searches just to make sure as becketts search function is extremely picky half the time
no org, please do not send trade requests

It's the piece from the Southland figure that came out years ago. I guess they bought a bunch of leftover tags.

kgj

(05-13-2012, 11:32 AM)Vols-1 Wrote: It's the piece from the Southland figure that came out years ago. I guess they bought a bunch of leftover tags.

kgj
Im guessing they destroyed a bunch of figures.
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

These cards are not in the OPG - unlicensed product
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

*edit*

Nevermind, there's a few of them still on the bay.
[Image: rainbowsig.png]
^Need the Purple 1/1! Will Pay A Finder's Fee!^

Collecting: Andrew McCutchen (me) & Derek Jeter (wife)