`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Do You Prefer?

RE: What Do You Prefer?
I also think graded cards are nice because it adds another form of collection. You can set goals of getting a set with certain grades. Makes it harder!! JMO
NBA 50 GREATEST AUTOGRAPHS - 48/50 - 96%

50 Greatest still need - Chamberlin, Maravich.

I love graded cards because of how they look, knowing what condition they are in, and saving them from further damage (like Nick, I have kids, and it's difficult trying to keep them away from it some times). However, what I don't like about graded cards is 1) grading is expensive and 2) those selling graded cards think they're now priceless. Now, I know not all grading is expensive (PSA, SGC, etc.), BGS is expensive. But it's so worth it. I can't stand PSA, SGC, etc. I love BGS and BVG and will only ever submit to them (unless heaven forbid they quit grading cards). But I was adding some graded Pistons cards to my watch list (not easy as not many people grade Pistons cards) and I saw one that was BGS 9, the card has an $8 BV HI, and they are wanting to sell it for $150. Smile I still added it to my watch list for future knowledge, but I just find that ridiculous. I saw someone else with another BGS 9 of the same card, and they were selling it for $13.95 OBO, and that seemed more reasonable to me. And eventually, when I become a mega millionaire, I will have all of my cards (even low end base cards) graded. Smile

In terms of your OP, I think selling graded is better than raw.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

I prefer BGS encased cards for the protection alone that they provide for my pc cards. Air tight and water resistant, can't beat that for the long term preservation of your cherished keepsakes! My only gripe (besides the high fees in general) is that they charge the same fee for an "Authenticated" card as they do a graded one..

(05-14-2012, 01:38 PM)krayzie83 Wrote: I prefer BGS encased cards for the protection alone that they provide for my pc cards. Air tight and water resistant, can't beat that for the long term preservation of your cherished keepsakes! My only gripe (besides the high fees in general) is that they charge the same fee for an "Authenticated" card as they do a graded one..

I AGREE!!!!!!!

Smile
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards