`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help from the International collectors

Need help from the International collectors
Ok, so I have received trades over the last 6 months that I hadn't put in with my Pistons PC in the order they should be. I kept saying I'd get to it. Well, I'm in the middle of doing it right now, and I'm confused on something.

I have some 1994-95 Collector's Choice International cards. One I have is #106 Terry Mills and from the "i" where I believe a normal "y" would be in the bilingual part, I'm assuming that's Italian (and I'm glad they've started separating the languages out, they used to be under just "International I" and "International II"). Well, I have another that is #379 Grant Hill that I believe to be Spanish (hablo espaƱol poquito, lol). Well, when I look for #379 Hill in my Organize, it shows the Spanish Gold Signature, but not just the Spanish version. The same goes for #409 Hill, where the Spanish Gold Signature shows up (I have it), but the "base" version does not. Looking at the explanation on the 1994-95 Collector's Choice Spanish II it says:

Beckett Wrote:Spanish 2 card sequencing from 1-201 mirrors the American Collector's Choice from 220-420 and Spanish 2 card sequencing from 202-210 mirror the American cards 211-219
In the set, that would be #160, but mine has #379. Am I missing something or did Beckett really just get the numbering wrong. For now, I'm just going to mark it as #160. Thanks.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

RE: Need help from the International collectors
This sounds like something for folkertino lol
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

(05-12-2012, 01:01 AM)buckunteer Wrote: This sounds like something for folkertino lol
Or taffster, or odditycards, and I think there is one more that may know. Smile

a scan would help. from the top of my head you're talking about a Blueprint card right?

(05-12-2012, 01:59 AM)folkertino Wrote: a scan would help. from the top of my head you're talking about a Blueprint card right?
That is correct. Give me a few, I have to dig it out again.
Ok, so I added another card to the question because I was at that point anyways. lol.

[Image: 00002.jpg]

On the left is the BP card. I'm moderate in Spanish, took it for four years in high school and had jobs where I joked (a little) in Spanish with my coworkers, so to me that looks like it's Spanish.

The card on the left I have in my Organize as the French version. I'm not sure if that's because at one point they had all of them under one language in Beckett, or if I traded for it and that's what the person said it was. However, unlike the card on the left and other International cards, there is no bilingual trade mark at the bottom. So I'm wondering how in the world do I determine what language it is? There is no "American/English" version in the database, only foreign (to me, lol) languages. Ideas?

Yes, that's Spanish, I'm from Puerto Rico my first language is Spanish.

The 1995-96 collector's choice special edition holograms were only released in French language boxes, Jason. And the Hill BP is indeed spanish.

Collect Patrick Ewing, Jalen Rose, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green

if you have less than 25 trades, I will ask you to send first.

(05-12-2012, 08:26 PM)taffster74 Wrote: The 1995-96 collector's choice special edition holograms were only released in French language boxes, Jason. And the Hill BP is indeed spanish.
Regarding the holo I'm not so sure. I remember getting those out of packs in Holland and we definitely didn't have French packs there.

The other one, is, as the others confirmed, Spanish

Yeah, I figured it was the Spanish one, just didn't understand the numbering Beckett put in the system. Beckett says that the Spanish cards were numbered differently, but according to the card I have, it isn't. I didn't know if any of you international collectors could confirm Beckett's numbering. Here's what it says in the set page:

Beckett Wrote:This 210-card standard-size set was issued by Upper Deck for the Spanish market. Cards were issued in 6-card packs and 50-pack boxes (featuring Shawn Kemp on both the wrapper and box). The cards are similar in design to the American 1994-95 Collector's Choice set. Spanish 2 card sequencing from 1-201 mirrors the American Collector's Choice from 220-420 and Spanish 2 card sequencing from 202-210 mirror the American cards 211-219. The numbering may be a source of confusion for collectors pursuing both first and second series Spanish cards. White-bordered fronts feature color player action shots. The player's name, team, and position appear in a lower corner. The back carries another color player action shot at the top, with statistics and career highlights displayed below. The cards all have bilingual (English and Spanish) information on the back. The following subsets are included in the set: Blueprint for Success (153-179), Dr. Basketball's World of Trivia (180- 187), 1994 Draft Class (188-197), and Checklists (198-201). This product has been made readily available through closeouts.

(05-12-2012, 08:26 PM)taffster74 Wrote: The 1995-96 collector's choice special edition holograms were only released in French language boxes, Jason. And the Hill BP is indeed spanish.
Then I wonder why Beckett has them listed for 6 different languages. Smile

1995-96 Collector's Choice International * Special Edition Holograms #H3 Grant Hill

The holograms were issued in ALL Int'l languages, and were not distinguishable between languages (i.e. everything the same, even copywright info).

As for the 1994-95 explaination...here it goes...

I think that Beckett screwed up on the listings for Spanish.
French, German, Italian, and Spanish should be both series I (1-210) and Series II (211-420) with associated golds. There was also ANOTHER SPANISH SERIES II issued in the "Mexico" area that was Series II (#1-210) with associated golds (definitely 10x rarer than the normal #211-420 series).

Also, Japanese started to get really screwed up with numbering systems too and have two different series, similar to Spanish.

As far as we can tell, there were no Portuguese in the 94-95, and only for the 95-96/II.

All the fun!

Collect Michael Jordan, Stockton/Malone/Hornacek/Eaton, Kresimir Cosic, Int'l oddballs
I specialize in hard to find oddities for player/team collectors
eBay Geonut (100+ auctions)
Int'l/player INVENTORY: http://www.hobbydisplay.com/geonut/