`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
the seller told me to "go to hell"

RE: the seller told me to "go to hell"
(05-11-2012, 09:28 PM)all day baby Wrote: First to the OP -- You cannot link to a live auction. You should remove the link before you get in trouble.

Now...

1) Yes, it IS visable because the damage was pointed out to you. If you were to look at the auction, you wouldn't know to look THAT closely to see that the seller was not being truthful with his description.

2) If you take care of your cards, then the age and condition will not affect them.

3) The OP did nothing wrong, other than buy a card from a crooked seller.

If you're willing to spend $200 on a card that you can't see clearly in a case, ask for some scans out of the case!

Again, I'm not siding with the seller, it obviously sounds like he's not the nicest/most straight-up guy in the world.

But it sounds like the buyer got a little too aggressive too early on as far as trying to get his money back or the issue resolved.

Too many people rely too heavily on a descriptive label (NM-MT, MT, etc.), rather than looking at it with their own eyes.

Case in point, the whole stupid grading thing, which I've never understood — in BGS terms, a "mint" card is actually the third-best grade you can receive, behind "gem mint" (huh?) and "pristine."

If you actually read what Beckett declares to be a "mint" card in its price guide — again, wouldn't "mint" be better than NM-MT? — it still allows for some flaws.

Essentially, the seller was being very liberal with his interpretation of NM-MT, and the buyer didn't look closely enough AND didn't ask for additional scans.

As far as your point of taking care of the cards, I've pulled hundreds of cards straight out of packs that have chipping or surface wear, especially on the backs of cards (especially with Panini, especially with dark borders, etc.)

This whole thing was handled poorly on both sides, and it sounds like it eventually worked out for the OP.

(05-11-2012, 10:12 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: If you're willing to spend $200 on a card that you can't see clearly in a case, ask for some scans out of the case!

Again, I'm not siding with the seller, it obviously sounds like he's not the nicest/most straight-up guy in the world.

But it sounds like the buyer got a little too aggressive too early on as far as trying to get his money back or the issue resolved.

Too many people rely too heavily on a descriptive label (NM-MT, MT, etc.), rather than looking at it with their own eyes.

Case in point, the whole stupid grading thing, which I've never understood — in BGS terms, a "mint" card is actually the third-best grade you can receive, behind "gem mint" (huh?) and "pristine."

If you actually read what Beckett declares to be a "mint" card in its price guide — again, wouldn't "mint" be better than NM-MT? — it still allows for some flaws.

Essentially, the seller was being very liberal with his interpretation of NM-MT, and the buyer didn't look closely enough AND didn't ask for additional scans.

As far as your point of taking care of the cards, I've pulled hundreds of cards straight out of packs that have chipping or surface wear, especially on the backs of cards (especially with Panini, especially with dark borders, etc.)

This whole thing was handled poorly on both sides, and it sounds like it eventually worked out for the OP.
Well, I guess you know better than all of us longterm eBay buyers and Beckett members then. You spotted the damage without needing any extra pictures.
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

(05-11-2012, 10:44 PM)all day baby Wrote: Well, I guess you know better than all of us longterm eBay buyers and Beckett members then. You spotted the damage without needing any extra pictures.
Would you spend that much on a card without knowing it's exactly what you want?

And I've been buying and selling on eBay for YEARS without ANY of the problems these people keep posting about.

Has nothing to do with how long I've been a Beckett member.

The problem with eBay is this — some people try to screw other people; some people make honest mistakes as buyers or sellers; many people assume the worst about other people; many to even most people are not very good at communicating in a clear and/or courteous manner to try to work things out before it gets to the "go to hell" stage that it got to.

I don't feel sorry for either one of these guys.

As I said, you know better than we do. I've only been buying on eBay since 1999. You must have been there twice as long to be so wise to the ways of eBay.
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

(05-11-2012, 11:06 PM)all day baby Wrote: As I said, you know better than we do. I've only been buying on eBay since 1999. You must have been there twice as long to be so wise to the ways of eBay.
Then go ahead and spend $200 on a card without knowing the true condition, make it public by complaining about it on Beckett.com, and don't be shocked when EVERYONE doesn't agree with you or feel sorry for you.

The seller should have been more honest. The buyer should have been more persistent about seeing better or different scans.

Both the buyer and the seller handled the communication and follow-up poorly.

Anything else?

Throws ice cold waterSmile
Who Dat Nation, Who Dat Pride!!!!!!! I am all about New Orleans and collecting Saints memorabilia.

[Image: imagesCAB5DF6E_zpsc77d5e81.jpg]

http://s448.photobucket.com/home/codenamelawman/index

(05-12-2012, 12:22 AM)bigdehart64 Wrote: Throws ice cold waterSmile
agreed, this got off topic fast eh? lol some people's children LOL
frankly, I think he should've just given negative feedback, and traded it to me for my U of M PC for 200 in trade Tongue
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

Yeah it was starting to get hot in here. Thought I would try to cool things off before it went up in flamesSmile
Who Dat Nation, Who Dat Pride!!!!!!! I am all about New Orleans and collecting Saints memorabilia.

[Image: imagesCAB5DF6E_zpsc77d5e81.jpg]

http://s448.photobucket.com/home/codenamelawman/index