`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Bryce Harper's True RC

Bryce Harper's True RC
Hey guys, I was wondering when BH's true rookie card was going to be out. I thought I saw were Topps 2012 Series 2 was the first release but wasn't sure. Is it in the new 2012 Bowman? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

RE: Bryce Harper's True RC
Should be Topps Series 2- June 6
[Image: arod.gif]

How do people even keep track anymore? Technically, his 2011 Bowman Chrome was in the Washington Nationals uniform. I always thought it was based upon when a player is featured in a Major League uniform. Or is it when he has Major League stats listed on the back?

His 2012 Bowman card doesn't have a RC logo on it, so I'm assuming that wouldn't count either.

(05-10-2012, 02:16 PM)kstjst Wrote: How do people even keep track anymore? Technically, his 2011 Bowman Chrome was in the Washington Nationals uniform. I always thought it was based upon when a player is featured in a Major League uniform. Or is it when he has Major League stats listed on the back?

His 2012 Bowman card doesn't have a RC logo on it, so I'm assuming that wouldn't count either.
Even when people can keep track, there is always more than one "RC" for top players. This gets silly people to pay more money to find them all. Wasn't there a kids' game that had that as a goal? If their marketing works, good for them. Self-inflating the value of your own product is a marketing department's dream.

JonathanI
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

I know this isn't the proper definition but at least for Bowman and Topps if it has the RC shield then I consider that the official Rc then you have prospect and 1st Bowman etc.... Really it depends on the individual person.

His first RC will be in Topps series 2 but will be a SP like Stasburg was in 2010.

His cards in Bowman 2011 and 2012 are part of the Prospects Inserts-- sets are all prosepcts and NO current Major Leaguers so they are not considered RC.

From the Topps Website:

Topps Announces Bryce Harper Rookie Card Plans

The highly-touted Bryce Harper made his much-anticipated Major League debut Saturday and he did not disappoint. The 19-year old hit a double into deep center and showed off his amazing throwing arm…a small glimpse of bigger things to come.

And while Harper was making his first impression, Topps, the exclusive producer of Bryce’s Autograph cards, was rigorously making adjustments to products to get his 2012 Rookie Card and Autographed Rookie Cards in ASAP.

Here’s what collectors and fans can look forward to:

Bowman Baseball – In addition to having an Autographed Prospect Card in retail and a Bowman Black Autograph in hobby, Bryce will be Lucky Redemption # 2! The card, which will be limited to 100, will feature Harper in the RC design and will include his Autograph.

Topps Series 2 – Harper will be card # 661, but because of limited timing the card will be short printed. In addition, there will be an autographed variation of this Rookie Card in both hobby and retail (image attached).

Topps Archives – Collectors will find redemptions in both hobby and retail for Bryce’s Fan Favorites autograph (on-card) and the young star will be included as a short printed base card (# 241).

Topps Tier One – 25 redemption cards will be inserted into packs for his “On the Rise” Autographed Rookie Card (on-card).

Allen & Ginter – A&G will include both Harper’s standard and mini base Rookie Cards at the regular rate. The product will also include Harper’s autograph. And for his Red Autograph limited to 10…those can be had by tearing open Rip Cards and finding the “Mystery Redemption” mini!

Complete Sets – Find Bryce’s 661 card, but with an all-new image.

And there’s more! Harper will have Autographed Rookie Cards in the remainder of all Topps 2012 MLB products!

so will his rookie auto or the prospect auto be worth more in the long run. i have his first auto from bowman that i had graded.
thanks

I've got two of the green refractor autos from last years platinum. I'm curious of these pre Major league cards will end up worth more than this years cards. There are so many already out there.

I still hate that MLB butts its nose in with their own 'official' rookie card designations. Let the collectors vote with their wallet. They always have, they always will.