`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rose patch for $95?

RE: Rose patch for $95?
(05-16-2012, 09:11 PM)rybowski97 Wrote: I think D Rose is gonna still be a solid player but not at the same level. his game was about speed and quickness, acl injury kisses that goodbye. Unless he develops a shooting game I can see him being rondo or irving's back up in the all star game for the next 10 years. in case anyone wants to argue he can shoot....this year his fg% .435. that is not very good for a mvp.
ACL injuries do not ncessarily mean a person will not have speed and quickness again. That is a common misconception. As a physical therapist I have seen and helped rehab hundreds of ACL tears...none of these were professionals but have helped plenty of collegiate athletes, including basketball players. Even without the ridiculously high tech (hyperbaric chambers, gravity eliminated treadmills) and daily therapy Rose will receive these patients usually return to competition in about 6 months. The guy has access to the best medical care in the world and no one will be rushing him back before he is ready. If he changes his game it will be by choice not because he HAS to. Statistically, he is at greater risk of reinjury because it was a non-contact tear, he MAY have a shorter career, and he may have early onset degenerative joint disease if the meniscus was torn; but i would expect to see him play the way he used to play when he returns. Let's not forget this is his first major injury and he is only 23. All that said, nothing is guaranteed. Sometimes it's more mental than anything. Of course, he will probably get a sports psychologist too...

Even at 90% of his preinjury speed he is still better than Rondo, Irving and pretty much any other PG..He was already working on his outside game this season...

Medical treatment today is way to good, just look at how quickly Adrian Peterson of the Vikings has been recovering from this...
[Image: arod.gif]

It being his first major injury, I wouldn't think the injury itself (the feeling, etc.) will affect his game as much as the mental aspect will. I know they are two very different players, but when Ben Gordon came to the Pistons he had his first major injury and it was to his ankle. After he recovered and came back, you could see the tentative natured game he was playing. He wasn't nearly as aggressive as he was before the injury. I know when I had my first injury, I was the same way. It also was my ankle, and then I fractured my other ankle (not while playing sports, while trying to learn a hobby.....skateboarding). So when I played ball after recovering, I was very tentative. That caused me to sprain the opposite ankle. He needs to get the mental aspect out of the way as quickly as he can, as if the injury never happened. I think that may be the biggest issue in the long run.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

Didn't Jordan had a serious injury in his early years. He came back from it, competed, and won over a trillions more fans. If Rose come back and has the same mentality like MJ and play up to his level, the sky is the limit.

Yeah there was a nice article in the Chicago Tribune today comparing Jordan's foot injury to D-Rose's injury...

Jordan broke his foot and missed like 70 games in his third season..then came back for the playoffs, laid 63 pts on the Celts and the rest is history..
[Image: arod.gif]

D Rose is a beast no doubt, and I agree him at 90% he is still in the top 4 PG in the league now. People come back every day from ACL tears like marquettewade said but some people also lose a step or two and with Rose that one or two steps is his game, no one can defend his quickness. I just think with the injury, now is the time he needs to get an outside shot. If he could manage to have a fg% near 50, i could see him reaching 30 ppg. Nice pickup on the patch man, clearly for a true Rose fan now is the time to buy. Might not be a bad idea to pick up a few nice Dirk's right now too, his stuff has went way down.
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]