`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
My best investment as of yet.....card wise

My best investment as of yet.....card wise
This isn't really football related but since this is my common board I felt that some of you may be interested in reading it....

So last year when my favorite baseball player got hurt (stephen strasburg) I began buying and trading for alot of his stuff, mainly topps rookies. I picked up most of the rookie cards for between $5-25 a piece, either in a trade or cash deal. Today I checked the OPG, my beloved topps chrome half rainbow that booked for about $100 last month now books at $175!!!
not bad for 6 cards of a guy people said would never pitch again in the bigs!

Thanks for the read!

heres s few scans of my rainbow
[Image: IMG_0026.jpg][Image: IMG_0004-1.jpg][Image: IMG_0003.jpg]

[Image: p18mannbanner.gif]

RE: My best investment as of yet.....card wise
Thats Awesome man... Since you collect him do you know what happened to his 1/1 RC that sold for like 15K(or was it more?) last year? Has the Dude that bought it tried to sell it again? Has it Lost its Value and whatnot? After he got Hurt i wondered what happened to that Card.

(05-04-2012, 02:58 PM)bbills1999 Wrote: Thats Awesome man... Since you collect him do you know what happened to his 1/1 RC that sold for like 15K(or was it more?) last year? Has the Dude that bought it tried to sell it again? Has it Lost its Value and whatnot? After he got Hurt i wondered what happened to that Card.
I believe the man who bought it put it in a raffle he started to help out a charity or something like that, other from that info i have no clue where the card is or what not...

thanks!

Sweet cards! Looks like your investment is starting to pay off. Congrats!
[Image: banner.jpg]
Collecting everything BRETT FAVRE
Packers HOF Autos
**LF/WTB: Packers '97, '98 & '99 Precious Metal Gems & Flair Legacy Collection Parallels!!**

nice cards...I am starting to really enjoy collecting topps chrome..
Baseball: Albert Pujols, George Brett
Football: KC Chiefs, 2009 Certified Fabric of The Game
SETS: NFL 2010 Topps Chrome, 2011 Topps Chrome

[Image: cheifs.jpg]

(05-04-2012, 03:39 PM)go cardinals Wrote: nice cards...I am starting to really enjoy collecting topps chrome..
Same, by far my favorite set of any sports

Ya that was a good move, most pitches are stronger after tommy johns nowadays.

Those blues are so pretty in hand. I pulled one this year and sold it immediately getting a decent chunk for a non auto.
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]