`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When have you had the best luck with auctions?

When have you had the best luck with auctions?
Not that I want you to tell your secrets, but when have you had your best luck bidding on auctions. I like to catch auctions ending late at night...except I have been outbid by some night owls.

Thanks - Dale
[Image: FirstHeltonBanner.jpg]

I Always send extra cards when I trade
Filip Forsberg, Todd Helton, Charlie Blackmon, D.J. LeMahieu, Mikie Mahtook & Ben Paulsen I don't have.

RE: When have you had the best luck with auctions?
Buy it now auctions that the person dosen't know what he has.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

Cool thanks for sharing...I normally don't look at the BIN b/c most people overprice.

(05-03-2012, 07:09 PM)chrisa19978 Wrote: Buy it now auctions that the person dosen't know what he has.

Filip Forsberg, Todd Helton, Charlie Blackmon, D.J. LeMahieu, Mikie Mahtook & Ben Paulsen I don't have.

early in the morning used to be the secret but sellers quickly caught on to that one and started fixing it so most auctions at least the good ones end in the middle of the day when more people are on. Also you seen a lot more BIN auctions w/reserves with crazy asking prices where the seller is just seeing if someone will bite at the price they want instead of losing it really cheap.

There is still a lot of items that can be had for cheap but pretty much for anything just hitting or anything with a decent value ebay has pretty much become just another online store than an auction site. It's I want this much for my item if you want it if not I'll keep it.

Look for mispellings.... No kidding a common one in 2007 was "Adiran Peterson"...

Also sometimes occasional sellers will list by player name only and not card year or make..

I just picked up an amazing 68 Mickey Mantle for 52.00 the seller had it listed funny...

Also... Keep checking and be patient... If you don't like the price.. Wait, it will come on again.

Thanks for the replies guys!

(05-03-2012, 08:01 PM)osujeffrey Wrote: Look for mispellings.... No kidding a common one in 2007 was "Adiran Peterson"...

Also sometimes occasional sellers will list by player name only and not card year or make..

I just picked up an amazing 68 Mickey Mantle for 52.00 the seller had it listed funny...

Also... Keep checking and be patient... If you don't like the price.. Wait, it will come on again.
Excellent point, and broaden you're search. Don't be too specific. I've found some great deals by just looking for "San Francisco Giants," One guy lumped a bunch of names together like "poseylincecumbeltcainsandoval" He was selling an awesome collection of cards that no one noticed because anyone searching specific names wouldn't hit on the listing. I've found some great deals on listing mistakes.

With more and more people using snipe sites to place their bids, I don't think timing of auctions is as important as it used to be.

Some other good tips in here though
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

Here is an example of a Buy It Now I won. If you look he has a 1996 Studio Gold Proof in there as well as either a silver or Gold Collector's Choice Jeter signature and I bought it for $8.00 shipped.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/120906496460?ssP...1439.l2649
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

The luck I've had are late night/early morning also holiday weekends. A lot of luck is needed for BIN steals for the timing, but I pickup one every few months. But auction steals are harder to find compared to 10 years ago. More people are opting for the firm price or best offer.

I think some of the best deals are from the poor titles or low rating sellers rather than timing.

Collecting T205 and Baseball HOF autos (currently at 116 of 298)