`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
addicted to these mixed boxes some big names

RE: addicted to these mixed boxes some big names
Picked up 2 boxes today....nothing for actual trade as I still need to look closely at them, for PC, possible sells and for sends in the Free Card thread....these are really fun as I am getting to see various cards from years not collecting at all. Here are some scans....Gum can be yours at the right price....LOL. Enjoy...

http://s1174.photobucket.com/albums/r614/phillies_joe/
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(07-08-2012, 01:07 PM)bman12 Wrote: well wife was out she bought me the last box on the shelf.here are some of the hitsPhotobucket
I like the A&G Hochevar & the Goudey Hamilton rookie. Nice pulls!

I think there is one more box up at the Wally World next town over. Will probably go up and pick it up after the Cards game is over.
COLLECTING: St Louis Cardinals -- NASCAR: Jamie McMurray, Kyle Larson, Rusty Wallace, Austin & Ty Dillon -- KU Jayhawks in the Pros (NBA & NFL) -- Non-Sports

feel free to make me offers cash or trade.
[Image: griffeyjr.jpg]

So I went up to pick up that last mixed box in town last night. Should have just stayed home as there was absolutely nothing of note, just a bunch of trade fodder. I'm gonna need to sell off a few things myself as these mixed boxes have pretty much taken up my whole cards budget for the month! lol, oh well.
COLLECTING: St Louis Cardinals -- NASCAR: Jamie McMurray, Kyle Larson, Rusty Wallace, Austin & Ty Dillon -- KU Jayhawks in the Pros (NBA & NFL) -- Non-Sports

I've seen a new pack creeping into this category. I have bought some of the gems boxes (that guarantee* a GU, auto, or rookie) and didn't get anything worth mentioning. They come with 10 random packs. I've also bought the 20 pack boxes and they met my expectations.

But there is a new brand out. I first saw it at my local grocery store. It was a pack of 100 cards for $5. It said something about 1 in 8 (maybe 14) packs having a GU in it. I did get a GU ($2.50bv) but all the other cards were late 80's-90's junk. I think the best card was a Mark McGuire topps tiffany or maybe it was Kmart... Anyway they look like the wrapped hanger packs that are separated in the middle. Looks like 2 jumbo packs stuck together. I'll try to get a picture later, but if you know what I'm talking about, I wouldn't recommend buying any.

Stick to the boxes that say 'championship' on them. These boxes made me realize how valuable minor league cards can be. I got a 2007 Tristar Farmhands William Middlebrooks auto out of one and always look for minor league packs anywhere I go. My last 2 boxes came from Toys R Us when I walked in and noticed they had a buy 1 get 1 50% off all cards. Normally they are more expensive than wal-mart ($24) but the sale made it a little less.
[Image: badtime.jpg]