`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rainbow thoughts.

RE: Rainbow thoughts.
(05-03-2012, 07:21 AM)HeyFitzy Wrote: Personally, if it says there is a canary AND a super, it's not a complete rainbow
Unless you get it all.

That includes the plates
I think all variations EXCLUDING printing plates
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

Thats a nice price on the canary IMO. I feel like if you have canary or the super then you could display it as a complete rainbow. But in my mind I would always still be looking for the other to really have an epic complete rainbow. Smile For example, I have the 2011 Topps Chrome Super of Victorino, but I still don't feel like I will completely have everything until I find that Canary!
(05-03-2012, 11:38 AM)iconms Wrote: I think all variations EXCLUDING printing plates
I would consider 1 plate enough to complete a full rainbow along with the canary and super. Extra plates would be an added touch.

(05-03-2012, 11:38 AM)iconms Wrote: I think all variations EXCLUDING printing plates
Agree to extent. I think maybe just one, personally I would say black because that's usually the base color of the start of the rainbow. But any color is good enough.

So I'd say all variations plus at least 1 plate.
[Image: rainbowsig.png]
^Need the Purple 1/1! Will Pay A Finder's Fee!^

Collecting: Andrew McCutchen (me) & Derek Jeter (wife)

You can't forget about the unicorns when you're collecting rainbows.
[Image: Icons-sig-2-1.gif]

(05-03-2012, 03:18 PM)akbobcat Wrote: You can't forget about the unicorns when you're collecting rainbows.
So it's eating skittles while riding the unicorn on the rainbow?

I love shrooms
[Image: rainbowsig.png]
^Need the Purple 1/1! Will Pay A Finder's Fee!^

Collecting: Andrew McCutchen (me) & Derek Jeter (wife)

Some do not consider the plates to even be baseball cards.

(05-03-2012, 10:33 PM)sesamestreet4life Wrote: Some do not consider the plates to even be baseball cards.
Without plates, you have no baseball cards. I personally like them and try to get as many as i can of the players of collect. Like the others said, its a very nice added touch.

(05-03-2012, 11:39 PM)Thechris33 Wrote: Without plates, you have no baseball cards. I personally like them and try to get as many as i can of the players of collect. Like the others said, its a very nice added touch.

I'm saying that in response to whether or not one should have the plates for a rainbow to be complete. Without them one does not have baseball cards does not change the fact that some view them as something else, they are metal pieces of a printing process, and I do not think one has to have them to have the "rainbow" of a card.

(05-04-2012, 02:41 AM)sesamestreet4life Wrote: I'm saying that in response to whether or not one should have the plates for a rainbow to be complete. Without them one does not have baseball cards does not change the fact that some view them as something else, they are metal pieces of a printing process, and I do not think one has to have them to have the "rainbow" of a card.
I dont see why not. They are colored plates. Gotta be part of the rainbow. They are just as rare as the super or canary but metal and usually cheaper. But if you can get them its a nice addition.

(05-04-2012, 03:15 AM)Thechris33 Wrote: I dont see why not. They are colored plates. Gotta be part of the rainbow. They are just as rare as the super or canary but metal and usually cheaper. But if you can get them its a nice addition.
I wouldn't say they are just as rare as those. They are basically 1/4 and people don't value them as much so they pop up more frequently. People hold on to their supers and canarys.