`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vince Young to the Bills???

RE: Vince Young to the Bills???
what's sad is as much as people rag on Young, he is a WAY better QB than that bum Fitzpatrick ever will be... sad really, but true...
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

(05-01-2012, 05:44 PM)rgf17 Wrote: yeah i heard that. i really think sometimes these guys need to understand when to quit. i know they still get good paychecks but when are they gonna realize they are taking jobs from other young hopefuls by sticking around and taking roster spots? plus alot of these players just make themselves look more and more desperate bouncing around like there is even a chance to start again. it'd be different if hey was a jeff garcia, mark brunell, etc. at least they do something with their chances. ok done running my mouth.
That doesn't make any sense. Would you really give up 6 or 7 figure paychecks because you are taking a job from someone else or because you probably wont start? That makes zero sense.
Penn State Auto Collection

www.PSUAutoCollection.yolasite.com

Who wouldn't want to make $5million a year just to hold onto a clip board? Little risks of injuries short term or long term, no pressure from fans or the organization to accomplish anything and we all know how VY deals with pressures. Ideal position for VY!!

(05-02-2012, 01:17 AM)rgf17 Wrote: Thats my point. If its for the love of the game like Rice its fine by me. Its these guys that have nothing left that keep draining the pot and not giving the younger core a shot. I know there's more to it than that but perception is alot to fans and NFL hopefuls.
If there was anyone better in the younger generation, they would get the job, but obviously there isn't. If there was, teams would be signing THEM instead. Do you feel the need to retire and find another line of work to give the recent college grads a shot at your job? If those college grads were better than you, they would take your job, the NFL is no different. The guy that the team feels will give them the best shot will get the contract. Always have, always will.

mkufta - yes i would. family is much more important than another paycheck for me. especially in this case he should be just fine financially (if he was smart with his money) and could live very confortably as is.

SandersAPcollector - sounds good yeah but honestly is it really what woudl make me happy? sorry, no.

joe callahan13 - so you're telling me there is no one in the younger classes that would be better for the bills? sorry i would disagree. and to answer our question yes if there is someone my bosses feel better for my job i'd hope they would replace me. it would be best for their business and should go that route. any smart business would.

now saying all this i'm sure people think i'm full of crap saying i'd be willing to walk away from a 6 figure/million dollar paycheck but if you really know me personally (some of you do) this is not out of my person to make these claims. more money may make you more comfortable in life but it doesnt always bring happiness. i do know that first hand on a 6 figures scale at one time in my career.

and with that i'll leave it be. not gonna go back and forth because paycheck comes first to some. it's 100% ok if you would stick around and take it, thats just not me and like you am entitled to my opinion.
PC Collections Josh Morgan, Tim Tebow, Brock Marion and Derek Anderson

(05-03-2012, 03:39 PM)rgf17 Wrote: joe callahan13 - so you're telling me there is no one in the younger classes that would be better for the bills? sorry i would disagree. and to answer our question yes if there is someone my bosses feel better for my job i'd hope they would replace me. it would be best for their business and should go that route. any smart business would.
No, that's not what I am telling you, that is what the Bills are telling you by signing him. If there was someone better in their opinion, they would sign that person. Like you said- that's what any smart business would do.

This has nothing to do with money. At least one team still thinks he is their best option, he still wants to play, why would he NOT sign that contract?

No real comment whether or not the Bills are doing the right thing but i would assume that they feel they are doing what's best for their team in signing Young. But I'm kindo surprised to hear people consider Vince Young old and should retire. He is younger than Manning, Brees, Brady, Palmer, Schaub, Eli, Rivers, Roethlisberber, etc, etc. For a QB he's still pretty young, now that's not saying whether or not he's any good, just not old.
http://s1147.photobucket.com/albums/o558/dmasci/
Always looking for BGS or BVG graded cards for HOFers....especially the skilled positions.

[Image: DmasciBanner.jpg]

I wouldn't mind Young as a backup since he can possibly step in and it wouldn't hurt the Bills. However someone saying Fitzpatrick is terrible and young is far better is a huge stretch. The bills offense, well whole team were terribly injury plagued, and Fitz played half the year with broken ribs. I still think they are lacking on offense a bit, but if they use Jackson and Spiller correctly I think that can only help Fitz further develop this year. Having two healthy backs which averaged over 5 yards per carry a piece can only help. Depending on Nelson though and Steve Johnson's health I am iffy on the depth and skill set of the wideouts. Considering how easy the Patriots fulfilled the depth at WR for their team you'd figure Buffalo would do a bit more in that department.
If you have less than 20 feedback you're sending first.

(05-08-2012, 01:55 PM)bgt masters of tikid Wrote: I wouldn't mind Young as a backup since he can possibly step in and it wouldn't hurt the Bills. However someone saying Fitzpatrick is terrible and young is far better is a huge stretch. The bills offense, well whole team were terribly injury plagued, and Fitz played half the year with broken ribs. I still think they are lacking on offense a bit, but if they use Jackson and Spiller correctly I think that can only help Fitz further develop this year. Having two healthy backs which averaged over 5 yards per carry a piece can only help. Depending on Nelson though and Steve Johnson's health I am iffy on the depth and skill set of the wideouts. Considering how easy the Patriots fulfilled the depth at WR for their team you'd figure Buffalo would do a bit more in that department.
Im a season ticket holder. I have been just reading this whole topic its a good one. My tickets are paying V. Young wow. I can't say it makes me happy, but look at it this way if Fitz goes down is he really a bad back-up. Lets not forget he has a winning record as a stater. I like something about this, really really think about it. That Coaching staff convinced M. Williams to come there. And there not the ugly sister in the NFL anymore. Who thought a coach from GT could get these guys to buy in but its happening. As a fan there's always hope, but Buddy and Chan are doing something right there were 5-1 last season until there whole Off line went down. You lose your stating center and its like playing 11 vs. 10 in a pick u game. The Bills have lead the league in players on IR in the last three years my god what do you do. I could not be happier with the moves there making to try to become competitive. Buffalo is not a place for players to go die anymore. Thats the Raiders MO right and its sad. If you don't think Buffalo team hasn't improved had over fist lol you just hate Buffalo and thats why we love the game. GO BILLS. #billsmafia
[Image: staals-2.jpg]

You are completely wrong in one of your statements. The coaching staff didn't convince Mario to come to Buffalo that huge payday he got coming off a fairly bad injury did. Also don't forget its not the first time in recent memory Buffalo has gotten off to a great start. I believe when Trent Edwards was QB they started off well, and fell apart late.
If you have less than 20 feedback you're sending first.