Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dumb Newbie Questions & 2012 Topps Heritage

Dumb Newbie Questions & 2012 Topps Heritage
Hi,

So... just getting back into this collecting thing after a long time off. The 1963 design with the current players got me hooked again. Smile So a few boxes later and I am off to the races. Hoping to complete a base set of these because I am reaching the point of diminishing returns when it comes to buying more boxes.

I have some 2012 Heritage inserts & more interesting base cards up for trade, and lots more base cards I did not bother to load in yet. I think I also managed to correctly set up the items I am looking for. Also looking for Cincinnati Reds anything, pretty much, but especially anything pre-1980 or post 1990 numbered edition-type items.

A potentially stupid question to prepare (hopefully) for some trades: How do you folks recommend mailing things economically while preventing damage in transit? Bubble Mailers + Cardboard? Top Loaders? ???

P.S. You all have some fancy signature files on your posts. They're cool. Maybe I am missing something obvious - but where does that get set up?

Thanks for your patience...

RE: Dumb Newbie Questions & 2012 Topps Heritage
sig.s you need someone that knows photoshop every now and again someone posts in the baseball forums that theyll make you a sig or u can ask someone. I ship bubble mailers + top loader inside team bags with atleast 1 decoy team bags u can get pretty cheap from ur local card shop along with top loaders, decoys are the blank cardboard pieces that come in packs to try to prevent pack searchers from finding all the goodies
[Image: 2choicesig_zps9f1610c4.gif]

Welcome aboard. I think you'll enjoy the site and putting some trades together.

As far as shipping goes, the best way to go is put cards in a penny sleeve, in a top loader, in a team bag, with a piece of cardboard, in a bubble mailer. It's always a good idea to use Delivery COnfirmation as well. It costs .80 cents at the post office, but it's free if you print your shipping labels from online. If you're shipping a lot of low value cards, it's acceptable to place them together in a clear plastic box with a bit of sponge to prevent jostling.

As far as the "sigs" go, there are guys on here who will gladly make one for you in exchange for some cards. Dbroockerd did mine. Another guy who does them is TalkingTribe (but I haven't seen him on here lately). The going rate is probably somewhere between free and $20 in trade, depending on what you're after and who you ask. -In the early going, it's best to stick with guys who have established reputations on (either 50+ trades or guys who post frequently).

Good luck!
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

I think everyone explained it pretty well. I use bubble mailers, penny sleeves, toploaders, etc. Don't mail trade items in a plain white envelope haha, I've gotten cards off ebay like that and I'm always scared to open it.
[Image: lincecumbanner.jpg]

Thanks for the shipping tips.

My PS skillz are OK, thanks. Smile What I can't figure out is where to PUT it. Like, is it in my profile or something?

(04-30-2012, 09:25 PM)reds77 Wrote: Thanks for the shipping tips.

My PS skillz are OK, thanks. Smile What I can't figure out is where to PUT it. Like, is it in my profile or something?
While in the forums, scroll to the top and on the right you'll see "User Control Panel" - click on that.

Once that page loads, look on the left, near the middle and you'll see "Change Signature"

To use a graphic in your sig do something like:

Code:
[IMG]http://myserver.com/mysig.jpg[/IMG]

You can host your sig in a PhotoBucket account or some other image sharing site like that or on your own webserver if you have one.

EDIT: Oh and welcome back to collecting Smile It's not that I'm a jerk or antisocial, but I'm a computer geek by day so I tend to answer the question by predispensing with the formalities lol

gotta host it off a third party site (i use photobucket, most people use it for scans of cards anyhow) then use [ i m g ] coding in your sig.(goto control panel - my sig.)
[Image: 2choicesig_zps9f1610c4.gif]

(04-30-2012, 09:33 PM)aktlingit Wrote: Once that page loads, look on the left, near the middle and you'll see "Change Signature"
Oustanding. Thanks!