`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need advice from player collectors

Need advice from player collectors
Im stuck with my Gabbert collection.Im at 25 autos/5 gu/about 40 base.Never done the 1 player collection before,is 25 a decent number to put the autos on hold and start with the gu/base stuff?Or should i keep up with the autos and worry about the rest later?There is some sick player collections out there and i want to someday at least be in the same ballpark.Thanks with any advice

RE: Need advice from player collectors
I would buy as many Gabbert Auto's as I could right now. He's stuff is incredibly cheap for what it should be. I think the Jags are setting him up for success with their WRs and coaching decisions. If he has a huge price increase, the GU/Base stuff will not jump as much as his auto cards.
The other thing to consider is once he does get hot, lots of base and GU'd will pop up on eBay, which is THE best way to buy for a player collection. Back when lots were popular on eBay, sellers would show a picture with 9-18 cards, I'd add the amount I was willing to pay for the cards I need, bid, and usually win for half the amount. Then there would be 30-40 other cards not shown and I'd find 10-15 I'd need. It was heaven.
But 25 is a GREAT number if you want to move on. It does get difficult when the only cards you are getting are auto's. Makes you want other stuff too! LOL.
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

(04-29-2012, 08:59 AM)Marinocollector Wrote: I would buy as many Gabbert Auto's as I could right now. He's stuff is incredibly cheap for what it should be. I think the Jags are setting him up for success with their WRs and coaching decisions. If he has a huge price increase, the GU/Base stuff will not jump as much as his auto cards.
The other thing to consider is once he does get hot, lots of base and GU'd will pop up on eBay, which is THE best way to buy for a player collection. Back when lots were popular on eBay, sellers would show a picture with 9-18 cards, I'd add the amount I was willing to pay for the cards I need, bid, and usually win for half the amount. Then there would be 30-40 other cards not shown and I'd find 10-15 I'd need. It was heaven.
But 25 is a GREAT number if you want to move on. It does get difficult when the only cards you are getting are auto's. Makes you want other stuff too! LOL.
Thanks,yeah thats where im at with the collection (really want to add more than autos,i want other stuff,lol).However i see your point,if he figures it out this year,the autos are gonna be a heck of alot more pricey to get than a 1-color jsy.

I would buy as much as you can afford. But one thing I can tell you is never forget about the base! Three or four years down the road if you are still going hard at this PC youll look over your list and realize every set has like 3-5 variations of the same card and you cant find them anywhere. Thats were I am at now. Im only missing about 10-15 non 1/1 autos but im missing over 100 non 1/1 base cards....they are a killer.
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

both marinocollector and chadscards have valid points. when i started player collections of warner and faulk, if i saw a card i didnt have i bought it. (if i could afford it) i guess it also depends on the type of collecting you do, if you want ALL of his cards or just a whole bunch...
BECKETT SUPER COLLECTOR MAY 2010. COLLECTING KURT WARNER & MARSHALL FAULK. also looking for: tom nutten, fred miller, any card. view my warner/faulk collection at: www.photobucket.com/collectrams

The most important thing about collecting cards, or anything really, is to have fun. If it's a chore to try to find everything or to try and match someone else's PC, then you will never be happy with what you are doing. Now, I ONLY collect autos, so I may not be the right person to say anything about base cards.
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

First Gabbert autos are fairly low right now so buy as many as you can while they are somewhat affordable. Secondly 25 autos IMO is a great achievement. Keep it up!!!
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

As a Jacquizz collector, I started off collecting everything, but over the months realized, its far more feasible for me to just focus on short print cards #/25 or less and then get the higher print and base ones later. A difference, however, is that Gabbert's been out since 2010 so a lot of the base stuff is pretty cheap now anyways. Best of luck with the collection and great start so far!
[Image: BeckettBanner.jpg]

Jacquizz PC
Total = (259/354) 73%
Total minus 1/1 = (236/252) 94%

(04-29-2012, 11:57 AM)mattfastiggi Wrote: As a Jacquizz collector, I started off collecting everything, but over the months realized, its far more feasible for me to just focus on short print cards #/25 or less and then get the higher print and base ones later. A difference, however, is that Gabbert's been out since 2010 so a lot of the base stuff is pretty cheap now anyways. Best of luck with the collection and great start so far!
+1 on everything except for the 2010 he is 2011.

Don't buy everything he has over 1200 cards, start with the #/25 or less and multi-colored patches. His Base Topps Chrome will be his best $$$ % increasing card if he ever pans out.
- Collecting Navorro Bowman - http://tinyurl.com/bowmancollection
Total Cards = (236/349) 67%
Auto 59/83 Jersey 4/4

Go after everything. I do that with DeMarco and it is a blast
Supercollecting DeMarco Murray LMK if you have anything
PC Stats: 860/1435. 91 1/1's, 189 Autos, 182 Gu, 216 #ed, 180 Base/RC's

[Image: Untitled-1-1.jpg]