`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Curious Case of Aubrey Huff

The Curious Case of Aubrey Huff
Aubrey Huff has had a terrible couple of seasons and is currently on the disabled list for anxiety attacks. Speculation in the media is that it involves personal issues on top of baseball issues ala his wife filed for divorce in January. As a Giants fan I hate to see any player go down, they are all characters on the stage play that is the team that entertains me each day, heroes or scapegoats alike.

Here is a link to an article I wrote about Aubrey Huff and his situation somewhat. I want him to quit coming up and being a guaranteed out just like anyone, but at the same time I appear to have some sympathy ha ha.

http://voices.yahoo.com/the-curious-case...76716.html

RE: The Curious Case of Aubrey Huff
Great article. I have to say I have my hopes on Belt. I really would like to see him gain experience and develop some consistency at the plate. Of course that only really happens if you play consistently. He's off to a slow start but hasn't been given the chance to get into a groove. I also like Pill. 3 solid contenders for 1st Base not to mention Posey who's probably going to permanently occupy 1st in the Giants future. I love Huff but he is getting older. BTW I do have some Huff keepers in my collection.

(04-28-2012, 12:24 AM)JRMdawg311 Wrote: Great article. I have to say I have my hopes on Belt. I really would like to see him gain experience and develop some consistency at the plate. Of course that only really happens if you play consistently. He's off to a slow start but hasn't been given the chance to get into a groove. I also like Pill. 3 solid contenders for 1st Base not to mention Posey who's probably going to permanently occupy 1st in the Giants future. I love Huff but he is getting older. BTW I do have some Huff keepers in my collection.
Yeah, more or less it feels like Huff's time has come to an end and Belt if nothing else should be swapping turns with Pill as Bochy loves to play lefty righty match-ups - I think Belt's actual biggest problem eventually is going to be how great Posey and Hector Sanchez look in the lineup together ala Posey on first.

Yeah, more or less it feels like Huff's time has come to an end and Belt if nothing else should be swapping turns with Pill as Bochy loves to play lefty righty match-ups - I think Belt's actual biggest problem eventually is going to be how great Posey and Hector Sanchez look in the lineup together ala Posey on first.

[/quote]

True, Hector Sanchez is looking pretty good. He shined throwing those base runners out and he has a strong bat. If Belt and Pill get hot or get consistent the thing that may save them is their flexibility to play other positions. Belt in outfield and Pill as a semi utility man.