`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you cancel unwanted bids on eBay? HELP!

RE: How do you cancel unwanted bids on eBay? HELP!
Yeah, admittedly, I jumped the gun with this post. The bidder emailed me to confirm he planned to pay for the item so hopefully it won't be an issue.

When ever somebody bids on my cards with low feedback, I always email them as a reminder & to let me know if there is any problem with payment. I have more trouble with people with over couple hundred transactions.. they do not communicate well, meaning take forever to respond to emails or pay for card. I would like cards to be paid within 4-5 days, if not sooner. I pay the same day as I win the card or next day at minimum. If it's a high dollar card, then I might take a couple days to pay.. because I want to make sure I understand how the seller is going to ship the card, if they do not discuss it on their listing. once I get a response, then I email them saying that I paid & thank them. For me, it is always overseas buyers that take forever to pay. Not to pick on them, but it should take over a week to pay, if a seller knows they bid on a card, they should check the status of the auction or check if they won it.. if they won, they need to pay. Current problem I had was a seller with about 80 or so transactions take almost a month to ship a card, then gave me a story why he did not ship it sooner. It took him over two weeks just to tell me his story, which is a sad one, because he had a death in the family. I am sorry for his loss, but take it as a grain of salt, because sellers on ebay or any other site is running a business.. they should take the couple minutes to log on & email everybody giving reason why he could not ship item in a timely manner. It's common courtesy to the buyer. Good communication is key to any financial transaction or business agreement. I have only cancelled one bidders bid, because he changed his ebay id three times within 6 months. Also, the guy sounds like a shady person. It was when I was trying to sell my Lebron exquisite auto box lot. Person was banned by ebay about 2 weeks after I told him I cancelled his bid. So it was a smart move by me.

Don't hold it against the bidder/buyer if they have zero or low # of transactions. Everybody got to start at the bottom. Recommend emailing him & see what his response is. Tell the bidder that you want to make sure they understand what they are bidding on. Ask them what they collect. Make small talk & see what their response is like... also check how many items they bid on. You can't tell what they are bidding on, but gives you an idea of what they are doing. Somebody that is new to ebay making a couple hundred bids in a month, might not know what they are doing.. or they are just bidding small amounts on a lot of different sellers, so it looks legit, then shill their friend's listings or their own, if they have another account..
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

(04-26-2012, 09:29 PM)marquettewade3 Wrote: I will message the bidder. Thanks! But still, out of curiosity, how does one cancel a bid?
You can cancel a bid only before the listing ends and only if there is more than 12 hours to go. Less than 12 hours Ebay requires that you sell it to the highest bidder.

Just remember, we all had zero feedback at one point in time on the bay.

Skybox Autographics Set Collector