`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pineda done for 2012

RE: Pineda done for 2012
now let me ask u this. do u think he will be another Stras? wasnt he shut down all last year and then this year came back strong? i mean, i think the cards of his will come back up??!! i hope. as i have several of his cards. auto and non
thanks

(04-26-2012, 02:51 PM)snappyjoe75 Wrote: now let me ask u this. do u think he will be another Stras? wasnt he shut down all last year and then this year came back strong? i mean, i think the cards of his will come back up??!! i hope. as i have several of his cards. auto and non
thanks
Stras had Tommy John though right? They've pretty much perfected that surgery. This labrum injury can be tougher to come back strong from.
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

(04-26-2012, 03:12 PM)iconms Wrote: Stras had Tommy John though right? They've pretty much perfected that surgery. This labrum injury can be tougher to come back strong from.
I don't think his velocity will ever be the same.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

ahhh crap!!!

Not that I care about what happens to the Yankees but I just pulled that dude's autograph from Topps Museum Collection. Oh well, someone will buy it next year.

(04-26-2012, 02:51 PM)snappyjoe75 Wrote: now let me ask u this. do u think he will be another Stras? wasnt he shut down all last year and then this year came back strong? i mean, i think the cards of his will come back up??!! i hope. as i have several of his cards. auto and non
thanks
I just read the article on ESPN.com by Shilling who had the exact same injury. He only took 10 months to rehab and came back with a stronger arm and faster fastball by about 3-5MPH. Here's hoping Pineda gets whipped into shape during this rehab (since he came into camp overweight - must have been competing with CC for the "Yankee closest to resemble Babe Ruth" award).

Since I can keep him all year on the DL, I will do so and determine whether I want to keep him for next year. I did the same thing with Wainright last year, but so far he hasn't been making me look too good for doing it.

(04-27-2012, 05:17 AM)fulltritty Wrote: I just read the article on ESPN.com by Shilling who had the exact same injury. He only took 10 months to rehab and came back with a stronger arm and faster fastball by about 3-5MPH. Here's hoping Pineda gets whipped into shape during this rehab (since he came into camp overweight - must have been competing with CC for the "Yankee closest to resemble Babe Ruth" award).

Since I can keep him all year on the DL, I will do so and determine whether I want to keep him for next year. I did the same thing with Wainright last year, but so far he hasn't been making me look too good for doing it.
Same situation for me...drafted him late last year in a keeper so even though it sucks he's hurt, I have him for cheap. And I will also stash on the DL and hopefully he'll be back strong next year.
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]