`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Penny sleeves that damage cards

Penny sleeves that damage cards
Has it also been your experience that a good fraction of the penny sleeves that you buy in a 100 pack have these little tiny "specks" or "knots" inside the pocket where the surface would touch the cards? It is difficult for me to scan what I mean precisely so bear with me.

The problem lies with the fact that when these sleeved cards are placed in a top loader these knots in question press against the card, often leaving a very tiny indentation on the surface as a result. I have tried a couple brands myself, including Ultra Pro, and it seems that anywhere from 10-35% of the sleeves in the pack have these pesky bumps.

Anyone by chance knows what I am talking about?
[Image: aoM1_zps2mg995on.gif]

RE: Penny sleeves that damage cards
Fo shizzle.
[Image: 1c4478fb-d731-4d9f-ba14-899045a13077_zps5489e52d.jpg]

Yeah, I usually hold one up to the light to see if those indentations are there. If they are, I throw it away and use another one.
Collecting Reggie Bush, Wes Welker, Peyton Manning, Daniel Thomas.

[Image: ReggieBush.png]

For Trade

I haven't encountered that with Ultra Pro Platinum ones, however their "consistent sizing" claim is bull.
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

(04-25-2012, 02:12 AM)JeffreyAndrew Wrote: Yeah, I usually hold one up to the light to see if those indentations are there. If they are, I throw it away and use another one.
+1. I do the same thing. Guess thats why I usually buy them 4 or 5 packs at a time, lol.
[Image: banner.jpg]
Collecting everything BRETT FAVRE
Packers HOF Autos
**LF/WTB: Packers '97, '98 & '99 Precious Metal Gems & Flair Legacy Collection Parallels!!**