`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anybody here trade for EVERYTHING from certain teams anymore?

RE: Does anybody here trade for EVERYTHING from certain teams anymore?
I don't collect PC's or teams or sets... I got back into this as I had an amazing collection I squandered many years ago (over 20 years) and am trying to rebuild what I had with some bonuses. I don't even watch sports on TV anymore nor follow them lol. I only collect vintage stuff (pre 1985) but ended up with a massive collection of newer cards. I have done a few box breaks and do buy packs, but only looking for traders for here. As well I have been lucky thus far and been able to privately buy a few entire collections for a fraction of actual cost. So I went from nothing to owning around 12, 000 cards in one shot around Christmas (I have tonnes I still need to enter into my organize)

I collect any and all Red Wings cards and current & SC Flyers. I also collect certain sets, inserts, and GU'd of certain players. I just do not trade away a $40.00 GU'd for a bunch of base cards. I usually trade at the LMS shows for cards I know other collector's like/need.
[Image: scan0004-1-1.jpg] [Image: scan0005-1-1.jpg]
Collecting; Flyers-Red Wings-Brodeur-Cujo-Hasek-Shanahan, 04-05 Franchises Memorabilia

Another Red Wings guy here. There is way to many of us lol. I just started back collecting a few months back and I mainly look for current Wings players rc, GU, Autos. I also have a Jimmy Howard colllection because my son wanted to start collecting him and I look for all his cards. I have a few more PC's I am starting but mostly of Wings players. I really want to start grabbbing as many different Wings cards but takes a lot of time to organize. I like the idea of trying to get something from every player to ever wear a Wings uniform. That will take me a life time lol. Maybe that will be my new mission since I am going to really cut back on the Bay because I have spent way to much recently. Going to try and work more trades from here on out.

Jimmy Howard PC
Danny DeKeyser PC

Red Wings collector

Anyway, if anybody want to do a bulk trade... give me a shout... lol
[Image: TPnewbanner.png]
MARIO LEMIEUX COLLECTION = 1263 listed cards

(04-25-2012, 11:48 AM)tha penguin Wrote: Anyway, if anybody want to do a bulk trade... give me a shout... lol
Looks like we started wandering a bit on your thread Big Grin

(04-24-2012, 10:07 PM)nemesis77777 Wrote: Diverse Stock? I started about a year ago, with 2 boxes of 2006-07 victory i cracked back then lol. It takes a while, but also i break next to no wax as well, and ive been unemployed the whole time.... oh and did i mention i live in AUSTRALIA lol and it costs a mint just to get stuff shipped here.

So many people now only interested in collecting players whose value are going to retain in the long term, no one cares about collecting their fav team lol. The amount of Edmonton collectors ive seen spring up in the last few years is phenomenal... Looks like its going to stay that way for a while too, with them having another Phenom in the ranks.

Makes it hard to even bother keeping half the stuff you get in, because no one wants a card from Minnesota, or Phoenix, or Dallas because the value wont stay up. F#$%ing profiteering, slowly sucking all the fun out of the hobby. The amount of times ive seen someone snipe me or someone else for a card thats worth a penny and get it for cheap, then have it up on the bay the following week for 10x the price as a BIN is ridiculous. This isnt to say that i dont sell cards at all, or ive never bought a card and then sold it to someone else either - i think the majority of people know what i mean... lol, and if you dont, dont bother bringing it up.

I just wish this whole deal was more about helping people out and less about business. For Upper Deck and Panini its a business, for the rest of us it should be pleasure. Lol imagine if there was no market for cards and they were all worth the cardboard they were printed on haha, now that would be kind of cool. I remember back in my young school days, with basketball cards - people that would only collect players over 7'0 tall or something like that, lol who cares what its worth, if the guy was 6'9 - too bad lol.

Maybe im reading into it a bit too much, maybe im not right in the head to think these things. Just my opinion for what its worth, and its probably not even worth the screen its printed on lol.

Appathetically,

Steve.
i collect all Edmonton oilers cards, i would never say i am profiteering. the cards i have in my collection are not going anywhere. i am collecting Ryan Nugent-Hopkins. not because i see the value of his cards going up, but because hwe is a great player and an amazing addition to "MY" team.
Primary PC: Taylor Hall, Jordan Eberle, Connor Mcdavid, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
Collecting All Oilers GU/Auto/SN cards

also building sets, needs found here http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1488853.html

That was actually the purpose, trying to spark some people to perhaps consider diving into an all out collection of their team.

Personally, I can understand why someone wouldn't want common base or really crappy inserts.
That's why I collect ALL Penguins with the stipulation of $1.00BV and up

The only exception I have is Mario Lemieux of whom I collect ALL cards, no matter the value.

I collect any all bruins, any patrice bergeron that I may need. I just don't have much in the way of gu/auto to trade. Most of what I have ft is rc based pre 2005. I started out with maybe 300 different bruins a year or so ago now I have over 2,000 different mostly due to trading. Still want more hence why I've been trying to trade anything that books 15$ or less at half off, with some exceptions.
Selling my org out
Rolleyes

Stock up some Pens and let's make another deal Wink

All Nords and Avs for me. It started as base team sets, but I've got some other nice cards along the way (The Cup for example) so any Avs or Nords that Luke doesn't need maybe I could use them.
[Image: Signature.jpg]

PC's
Patrick Roy PC 966/7,265 = 13.30% Complete
Brandon Yip PC 101/183 = 55.19% Complete
Nick Palmieri 93/150 = 62.00% Complete

Unique Avs Cards = 1303
Unique Nordiques Cards = 1054