Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordan Buyback Info needed

RE: Jordan Buyback Info needed
Totally 100 fake
[Image: th_e6bfb599.jpg][Image: th_b9d4fa1c.jpg]

By the way the reason someone would try to fake the auto on this card is because the autographed version would be worth so much more and a lot of people are going to think that who would mess with a card as valuable as the original (and hence assume that it must be legit).
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(04-26-2012, 06:01 PM)djohn Wrote: By the way the reason someone would try to fake the auto on this card is because the autographed version would be worth so much more and a lot of people are going to think that who would mess with a card as valuable as the original (and hence assume that it must be legit).
lol, a jordan collector with pockets that deep wouldnt touch that card.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

(04-26-2012, 07:29 PM)pingbling23 Wrote: lol, a jordan collector with pockets that deep wouldnt touch that card.
True, there are plenty of deep pocketed idiots out there that don't know how to tell a fake from a genuine. I recently saw a seller at a flea market put a sticker saying $25,000 on the case of a reprinted 1952 Topps Mantle card. Then when I asked about the card he said, "I really need to sell it due to the poor economy and rising gas prices, so I will let it go for only $5,000". He continued on about how much more it would sell for on eBay, but that he didn't want to deal with all that online stuff. I told him it was a reprint and he acted like he didn't know what I was talking about and that I was an idiot for even mentioning it. I surely hope that nobody ever falls for that routine, but I know it happens all the time.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

yeah i agree, people need to do their homework if shopping for an expensive item, i may be naive thinking that people that fork out several thousands of dollars on cards would be knowledgeable about what they are buying.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]