`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What brought you back to the hobby?

RE: What brought you back to the hobby?
I think that the Internet and watching some YouTube box breaks helped, seeing some of the great stuff that was getting pulled. Now I'm more interested in completing sets than I was when younger. I'm glad I got back into it, and I'm glad have site like this were I can ask questions about product and see what people are pulling. Thanks to all the Beckett members

I have been in and out of the hobby for pretty much my entire life. I got back into it really heavy in 2005 and then just kind of fell out of it for about 5 years. Then when I was showing my wife my collection last year I realized that I didn't really have anything new so I went out and bought some new product. I pulled my Geronimo DNA from A&G last year and I have been on a spree ever since. Between that and my Koufax Auto jersey booklet I have had a great year and I look to keep it up. We are getting a new house built and one of the bedrooms is going to be my Baseball room for all of my cards and memorabilia.

I have a similar story to dallas. I grew up in the midwest and collected cards in the 80's I traded with friends and got taken pretty good. I stopped about 86 or so and picked up again in the 90's. I was lucky to have a father who loved cards too and he took me to shows and picked up one of my first high end purchases a box of 1993 sp. I put the set together by hand including the jeter and now I have sets from 80 to 84 and the 93 sp and 97 bowman chrome. These days I prospect and have pulled Bubba Starling autos 4 times one being a gold refractor this year. Not my best but pretty sweet!

I was deep into Basketball in the mid 90's and I lost interest when basketball lost his fame in France at the end of the 90's. I was an inch close to restart it when I studied in Atlanta but I didn't make for financial purpose (studying in the US is so damn expensive).
I went to boston for my honeymoon last year and I litterally feel in love with Baseball, so card collecting is a way to live my new passion.
It's really hard to get cards in France so I have to pay a lot in shipping but I'm enjoying it.
I'm ripping now a 24 pack box of Topps 2011 series 2 and I'm enjoying every single pack.
French RedSox Fan & Baseball cards collectors.
Sketch card fan.
Last Packs opened:
2 boxes of mars attacks: the revenge => 1 artist auto, 1 medallion & 2 silvers.

Next Packs:
nothing in sight

People I dealt with: card_fiend2013 ; rack85

Never left so could not tell you.

DID like the old days better though.

I bought a blaster of 2010 Chrome and got a Strasburg base refractor. At the time Strasburg was pretty hot and I was excited to get it. I also got a Hayward, which was another good Rc at the time. After that, I bought a retail box or two from topps.com, then what really brought me back full force was butting a hobby box of A&G. Right off the bat, I got a California state relic, and an Ortiz rip card (which I traded to Travelingmandan for, essentially, nothing since he has apparently gone AWOl). It was a whole new experience for me buying nice stuff like that. When I was a kid I got a collated box of that year's topps set (1980-1994) for Christmas, plus loose packs at the grocery store and the occasional "hard case" card from my local card & coin shop. my dad would also take me to a card show once in a while and I'd load up on tigers, David Justice, and Frank Thomas cards. Anyway, I'm 31 now and I think there's plenty of growth in the hobby for come-again collectors like me.

The card companies would do themselves a big favor if they bought better shelf space at the check-out lines in grocery stores. That's prime time kid territory that's lost out to candy, gum & batteries these days. Kids -for unknown reasons- like Pokemon and magic cards. Surely the brilliant minds at topps can figure out a way to make baseball (or sports cards, for that matter) appealing to the 7-11 year old audience.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

I missed the people and talking about the cards and sport.
[Image: pU8rB.jpg]

2006 Upper Deck Epic Base 19/300
Starling Marte, Bill Mazeroski, Ralph Kiner, Neil Walker, Jason Kendall

Becketts awesome new forum, duh.

I came back last year after stopping for 3 years. Not sure what brought me back. Just got the itch.

I'm not too sure, before a few months ago I hadn't bought a pack of cards since the mid 1990's, was going through all my dads cards from the mid/late 60's and was drawn back in and then I was at Target and saw the new Series 1 Topps and thought hrmm i'll buy a hangar pack and forgot how fun it was to bust open stuff, and now here I am a few months later, all I have to say is things are a lot different than they were in the mid 90's, nowadays there's so many different cards/kinds/gu/auto/nipple hair/etc.
[Image: lincecumbanner.jpg]