Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: funny and true !

RE: OT: funny and true !
@all day Check post #5 .....

sorry not everyone got fined 750k and lost draft picks ..... Tell baseball to let it go and let rose in the hall of fame because I'm sure he wasn't the only one gambling on baseball while playing or managing....or should they let bonds/mcguire/sosa in the HOF because "everyone" is/was using roids? ... Guess it's ok because "everyone" does it.... wont let it go ....wont happen.... they skewed the public perception of football in the early 2000's ..... remember people still talk aboutt the Blacksox today.... think they are the only ones to throw games? which is just as bad as cheating to win.

Sorry but the "everyone" was doing it excuse just does not stand up!

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

at this point really, it's less a cry for help, and more just kind of pathetic

the pats didnt win because of it. and the reason they havent won "since" is lack of defense, not lack of tape

keep making excuses why your team has hasnt won 12 games in 2 decades

@jacoby atleast a cry for help is admitting "a sickness" but---- Denial on the pats fan base part is just keeping the sickness to yourselves in hopes people will forget they "Stole" a few SB's and sweep it under a rug, Just like Goodell Swept those Tapes under a rug before the public was able to see how bad the infractions actually were ... imaging if that got out?... what would happen to the NFL's TV ratings? what would happen to ticket sales? Think Vegas would take bets on any "Fixed" NFL game after that?... I don't think they take bets on the WWF... which is basically what it would be like.

oh and BTW....

Miami Dolphins lead series 50-43-0 .... should be about a 4-6 game swing in miami's favor if the games were played "Fair"
(04-22-2012, 08:20 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: jimmy johnson said he flat out did it as a coach. so yes, your team did "stoop"
did you also see the rest of the quote you quoted?

" Bill Belichick was wrong because he videotaped signals after a memo was sent out to all teams saying not to do it."

-JJ

maybe its just the arrogance of belicheat i can't stand .... if you get a league wide memo stating

---- "No video recording devices of any kind are permitted to be in use in the coaches' booth, on the field, or in the locker room during the game. All video shooting locations must be enclosed on all sides with a roof overhead. Any use by any club at any time, from the start to the finish of any game in which such club is a participant, of any communications or information-gathering equipment, other than Polaroid-type cameras or field telephones, shall be prohibited, including without limitation videotape machines, telephone tapping, or bugging devices, or any other form of electronic devices that might aid a team during the playing of a game"

Do you go out the next week and blatantly do it?....

(04-23-2012, 07:47 AM)phinzphan1372 Wrote: @jacoby atleast a cry for help is admitting "a sickness" but---- Denial on the pats fan base part is just keeping the sickness to yourselves in hopes people will forget they "Stole" a few SB's and sweep it under a rug, Just like Goodell Swept those Tapes under a rug before the public was able to see how bad the infractions actually were ... imaging if that got out?... what would happen to the NFL's TV ratings? what would happen to ticket sales? Think Vegas would take bets on any "Fixed" NFL game after that?... I don't think they take bets on the WWF... which is basically what it would be like.
once again, not a pats fan - cowboys fan since 1978

and the pats did not steal anything. that bleeping pathetic

then what did they get punished for? cheating! which translated into wins.

Im glad to hear your not a pats fan!... half our phins played for dallas at one point....hehe

in all seriousness and all jabbing aside .....Just answer this one question jacoby

If you play anything sports, cards ...whatever it may be and someone cheats to gain an advantage... do you let it go?... is it ok with you?

(04-23-2012, 08:17 AM)phinzphan1372 Wrote: then what did they get punished for? cheating! which translated into wins.

Im glad to hear your not a pats fan!... half our phins played for dallas at one point....hehe

in all seriousness and all jabbing aside .....Just answer this one question jacoby

If you play anything sports, cards ...whatever it may be and someone cheats to gain an advantage... do you let it go?... is it ok with you?
here's what i know: as you have agreed, most teams did it. the pats were the only ones caught still doing it for 1 year. that one year might be tainted. to discount the rest is plain silliness.

and honestly, the difference between videotape from above and video from the sidelines is fairly minimal. the most horrific of the allegations (the super bowl walkthrough) were essentially made up by john tomase, and werent true. but even THAT is not egregious

i agree, they broke the rules. they were arrogant. but the only time it was different from every other team in the league was 1 year. and frankly, i know for a fact that the jets were doing it to, they just didnt get caught

so if you want to day the one year is tainted, i might agree with that. to ascribe their success writ large for the entirety of their run to a different type of videotaping, a practice other teams used as well for the majority of that run? it's illogical.

honestly, fans that rail about it...i think they are using their hearts, not their brains