`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
loose pack purchase

loose pack purchase
So I just picked up a lot of 12 loose packs of 10-11 SP Authentic on the 'bay. I know, I know...I just can't resist the allure of potentially hitting a Jordan auto. These boxes run about $130, so half a box should go for about $65 in theory but I paid only about half that, incl. shipping.

The seller stated that he bought them loose and has no idea what has/hasn't been hit. I did check his other items and there were no hits from 10-11 SPA for sale, so if he did just bust them until he got the hits and then is selling the rest he is covering his tracks well.

I'll get them mid-next week. If I hit nothing (likely) I'm 99% sure I can't get my money back unless I can somehow prove he was lying on his listing, I just hope I'm not essentially out $34. Was I dumb to pick them up in the first place? Be honest...I can take it!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

RE: loose pack purchase
good luck man! i myself am very sketchy of buying loose packs..if they are into the hobby like we are we would be too tempted to bust them,The only way i see him or any other seller fighting the urge to not bust them is unfortunatly they busted and hit the "hits" and figured to make some money off of what was left pack wise especially a product like 11-12 SPA where there isnt much of value besides the "hits" in the future i would stay away from loose packs on the bay! unless it's a nice 90's product and the price is right where atleast the packs were hard to search and there is some nice insert value of even bad players
[Image: PennyBannerFinal.gif]

i love loose pack(s)
i love retail loose pack(s)
i love 'em
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

(04-20-2012, 04:31 PM)aarhart1985 Wrote: good luck man! i myself am very sketchy of buying loose packs..if they are into the hobby like we are we would be too tempted to bust them,The only way i see him or any other seller fighting the urge to not bust them is unfortunatly they busted and hit the "hits" and figured to make some money off of what was left pack wise especially a product like 11-12 SPA where there isnt much of value besides the "hits" in the future i would stay away from loose packs on the bay! unless it's a nice 90's product and the price is right where atleast the packs were hard to search and there is some nice insert value of even bad players
I'm the same way nearly all the time, but these were listed so cheap I couldn't help myself. Even if the autos were gone and I just hit a common MJ floor card I would break even bv wise w/ just that pull.
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

I would of passed up any loose backs.. If I had to buy loose packs, I'd pick "hotpacks", but I am against those too, but you have better chances of getting a "hit"... & you can get a refund, if you don't get what was promised. For loose packs, chances are way higher of getting anything... anybody can tell you that they bought them loose & don't know what was pulled. They probably pulled the "hits" themselves... why would somebody buy loose packs, then resale them? especially for so cheap... don't think you'd get your money back if you pulled zero hits.. it's a gamble...

loose packs Vs's pulling a "hit" compared to percentage of getting a good hit, makes me not want to buy loose packs anymore. I save my money & buy by the box instead... only single packs(boxes) that I'd gamble on is high end products, where there are only one pack per box... i.e. UD Black, Chronology, Limited, National Treasures, Preferred, Elite Black Box.

good luck... let us know what you get.
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

for most people id say no but from reading all your breaks i dont think there could possibly be a card you dont like, lol! good luck man, hit something good!
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]

I dont even consider loose packs anymore..ive waisted money everytime ive went that route..but goodluck hope you hit your MJ auto!
Mainly looking for Kobe..DRose..Brandon Jennings..Demarcus Cousins
TRADE BUCKET
http://photobucket.com/trade-sell
[Image: jenningsbanner.jpg]

(04-21-2012, 12:35 AM)robd5811 Wrote: I dont even consider loose packs anymore..ive waisted money everytime ive went that route..but goodluck hope you hit your MJ auto!
that's what I'm afraid of, but I haven't done it yet. The only loose pack purchase I made on the 'bay was a couple packs of 10-11 Totally Certified where there is a hit in every pack regardless. Of course I doubt an MJ auto will be in there, but maybe I'll hit another die-cut fx insert like the leBron i pulled last time.

Update! Got the packs (from california to NC from friday-monday. I was impressed!) and pulled a PC auto...but you'll have to check the box break section to see who Wink

looks like you did good then. going to check box breaks now.. congrats.
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*