`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Beckett's Own Mock Draft! Completed!!!

Beckett's Own Mock Draft! Completed!!!
I hope this doesn't get moved as the volume on the football talk thread is so much lower, but I was thinking we could do a beckett pick by pick mock draft and see how we do. Basically each person needs to call a pick, and then once they are set up we can start the draft. If someone has a pick and takes too long I will pick for them, so please only take a spot if you plan to play. I will take the Pats first pick, first for each pick gets it. I hope we can get enough people to do this!

1. Indianapolis (2-14) - BostonSports1 - Andrew Luck QB
As concluded prior to the draft the Colts select Andrew Luck, their franchise quarterback to replace Manning. Luck appears to be one of the best prospects in years and seems to be the most well rounded and NFL ready pick of the draft.
2. Washington (5-11) (From St Louis) - supbullcoc - Robert Griffin III QB
with the second pick in this years draft....THE REDSKINS SELECT QB FROM BAYLOR HEISMAN TROPHY WINNER ROBERT GRIFFIN III
3. Minnesota (3-13) - ZeroDave - Matt Kalil OT
Minnesota chooses Matt Kalil from USC
4. Cleveland (4-12) - bigtrip18 - Trent Richardson RB
The Cleveland Browns fill the giant hole that Peyton Hillis left them with by selecting RB Trent Richardson from Ala-BAMA.
5. Tampa Bay (4-12) - lynellauto - Morris Claiborne CB
Gotta go with my boy from LSU Morris Claiborne being picked up by the Bucs.They need a Corner like Claiborne when the Bucs have to play Drew Brees 2 times a year in the South Division!
6. St. Louis (2-14) (From Wash) - biglump007 - Justin Blackmon WR
St. Louis picks I think it's Justin Blackmon Oklahoma St. WR
7. Jacksonville (5-11) - estuaryman - Melvin Ingram DE
Jacksonville selects DE Melvin Ingram from South Carolina as the 7th pick in the 2012 draft.
8. Miami (6-10) - jmessick86 - Michael Floyd WR
If I were Miami I would trade back but that is not an option in a mock draft. Ryan Tannehill is not worthy of the #8 overall selection and Brandon Marshall has left a pretty big hole at WR. So with the 8th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft the Miami Dolphins select Michael Floyd WR Notre Dame.
9. Carolina (6-10) - estuaryman - Fletcher Cox DT
Carolina need a defensive tackle. So as the 9th pick in the 2012 draft the Panthers select DT Fletcher Cox from Mississippi State.
10. Buffalo (6-10) - lynellauto - Riley Reiff OT
Not as confident on this one,but I think Buffalo is going for a non sexy pick and going O-line.With the best one gone"Kalil",its between Jonathan Martin and Riley Reiff.I believe the picks gonna be Riley Reiff.
11. Kansas City (7-9) - biglump007 - Michael Brockers DT
Well I think if come draft day kc is in this position with Tannehill still available they will trade back for either a first and second this year or a first this year and a first next year, however since I can't trade back...... Kc has no glaring holes this year so I think they will take either Luke Kuechly or David DeCastro. I on the other hand wouldn't, if it's me knowing that Dorsey is more than likely gone next off season I go for Michael Brockers DT LSU. Brockers is a good 4-3 DT but I think could be a stud 3-4 DE. Draft him move Dorsey to the inside and let those two and T Jax at it. So with the 11th pick the Chiefs take Michael Brockers, DT, LSU
12. Seattle (7-9) - motu79 - Luke Kuechly LB
Luke Kuechly, LB, Boston College. I really like this guy!! And the Seahawks need a little more depth at LB. I know Carroll will probably take Tannehill here if he's available, but I won't!
13. Arizona (8-8) - raidermike4 - Quinton Coples DE
Quinton Coples DE North Carolina Sr 6-6 284 -- Cards have lots of needs, went best available.
14. Dallas (8-8) - jncdrew - Mark Barron S
With the huge pickups in free agency Dallas can draft the best player available now. With glaring needs in the secondary namely safety, defensive line and offensive guard it is a toss up between Mark Barron S, Dontari Poe DT, and David Decastro OG. These are the best players available for Dallas with who has come off the board so far. I believe Poe is a good fit but watching him on film he is average at best. If Fletcher Cox were to fall to them he would be the pick. But he wont, so it is either Decastro or Barron. I personally would pick Decastro to fully protect Romo due to the NFC East defensive fronts they face but I think they will pick Barron, they have two good corners now, they signed Brodney Pool to a one year deal cause he knows Ryans defense and can call the defense and Barron will be the starting safety that has been missing since Darren Woodson, good safeties are much more rare than an OG. With the 14th pick Dallas selects Mark Barron, Alabama.
15. Philadelphia (8-8) - raidermike4 - Courtney Upshaw DE
Courtney Upshaw, DE Alabama. This guy can play DL or backer and Philly is in real need of linebacker depth (ok Starters). but if i was running the eagles i would trade out for more picks.
16. NY Jets (8-8) - jmessick86 - Stephen Hill WR
With the departure of Plaxico Burress the New York Jets Select Stephen Hill WR Georgia Tech.
17. Cincinnati (from Oakland 8-8) - kylebucksfan - Stephon Gilmore CB
I think the Bengals will take CB Stephon Gilmore. Leon Hall is injured and will be out for part of the season. They have a huge hole with him gone. Nate Clements is there, but isn't a top notch. Gilmore would be a good fit, and would really help the secondary.
18. San Diego (8-8) - uwash97 - David DeCastro OG
After doing cartwheels for 9.5 minutes up and down Murphy Canyon Road, a visibly winded AJ Smith gets on the phone to instruct his draft team in NYC to draft G David DeCastro from Stanford. The Chargers need help just about everywhere on the O-Line and are thrilled DeCastro is still on the board at this point as they get the rare chance to fill their top position of need with the best player available.
19. Chicago (8-8) - cccupps420 - Whitney Mercilus DE
The Chicago Bears select Whitney Mercilus DE Illinois
20. Tennessee (9-7) - Eli8024 - Dre Kirkpatrick CB
Titans select: Dre Kirkpatrick
21. Cincinnati (9-7) - kylebucksfan - Cordy Glenn OL
The Bengals select Cordy Glenn OL Georgia. This pick could go two different ways, Glenn or a WR. With Bobbie Williams gone G is a bigger need.
22. Cleveland (from Atlanta 10-6) - bigtrip18 - Jonathan Martin OT
Well I think Cleveland is trying go full out Offense. They have an anchor (Thomas), a solid rc RB (Richardson), a qb for at least another year (McCoy), and a decent WR in Little. If they go Kendall Wright McCoy will have to rely on deep bombs that aren't his forte. They can always pick up Toon or Quick in later rounds. I believe the Browns stay on offense, but select Jonathan Martin OT Stanford.
23. Detroit (10-6) - qbcollectorlionsfan - Mike Adams OT
With the Lions pick in the first round of the NFL Draft, Detroit is amazed that he is still available: Mike Adams, OT, THE Ohio State University. The Lions could use some help in the secondary as well, but due to their enormous pass rush, the secondary does not require a stud any more (though they will still try to get one). Protecting their moneymaker and keeping him upright will be of the highest priority. Stafford and Mikel Leshoure love the move! Calvin loves the fact that Stafford will be healthier hopefully with a good OT; Stafford and Calvin have plenty of years left together....peanut butter and jelly time!
24. Pittsburgh (12-4) - ZeroDave - Dont'a Hightower ILB
With the 24th Pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the Pittsburgh Steelers select Dont'a Hightower from Alabama.
25. Denver (8-8) - broncoboy27 - Jerel Worthy DT
With the 25th Pick in the 2012 NFL Draft; The Denver Broncos select Jerel Worthy DT from Michigan St. It's time to draft a DT to develop, instead of living off of FA's. Worthy has a quick first step and is a very good run stuffer. The Broncos (these past years) have been torched up the middle by RB's, and look to build and solidify the heart of the defense. Worthy has high upside, and along with the pass rush of Dumervil and Miller, the Broncos will be a deadly force to be reckoned with. GO BRONCOS!!!!!!
26. Houston (10-6) - phinzphan1372 - Kendall Wright WR
with the 26th pick of the 2012 nfl draft ..... I would like to trade it to SF or Miami .... think both teams would go for tannehill... if anything SF should grab him.... but Houston picks Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor
27. New England (from New Orleans (13-3) - BostonSports1 - Nick Perry DE/OLB
With the 27th pick in the draft the Patriots select, Nick Perry DE/OLB out of USC!! Pats finally get a nice young pass rusher who should be able to play OLB and/or DE at the next level, not sure if he is an every down guy, but definitely can replace Anderson off the edge. There is a good chance they also trade this pick, but I hope they don't if there is value like him at this spot.
28. Green Bay (15-1) - bigtrip18 - Harrison Smith SS
So much news for the Packers this week. No more Clifton or Collins, which skews things a bit. I honestly think the Pack trades up and get 2 first rounders. I originally thought they'd go with She McClellin from Boisie, or Devon Still from Penn State, but now they need a safety. The Packers select Harrison smith, SS Notre Dame
29. Baltimore (12-4) - qbcollectorlionsfan - Brandon Weeden QB
The Ravens shock the world and admit that as much as they like Flacco, they are moving on to a more athletic, mobile, Newton-esque type. The Baltimore Ravens select: QB Brandon Weeden, Oklahoma State University. The Ravens feel that without immense talent in their receiving corps outside of Boldin and high upside TE Ed Dickson, Weeden will complement their run game of Ray Rice, Ray Rice, and more Ray Rice. Weeden will help keep defenses honest with his athleticism and is a true playmaking threat.....
30. San Francisco (13-3) - phinzphan1372 - Ryan Tannehill QB
Sf selects smiths replacement.....Ryan Timothy Tannehill
31. New England (13-3) - BostonSports1 - Devon Still DT
With the 31st pick in the draft the Patriots select, Devon Still DT out of Penn St. Most likly if this is what the board looks like here the pats will trade down, as there are no SS/FS or CB's left worth it at this pick, but if they pick Still is a great talent and a ton of value this late in the draft. Would help shore up the line even more, and help take on blocker for the pass rushing LBs.
32. NY Giants (9-7) - Eli8024 - Amini Silotolu OG
Giants select: Amini Silotolu-OG-Midwestern State. Great choices to be had at RB and TE but the need to strengthen the protection up trumps all. Amini is a rising talent with position versatlility.

RE: Beckett's Own Mock Draft!
ill take skins first pick (moved to #2 with trade from St Louis)
[Image: supbullcoc1.jpg]

Collection Completion
GU - 131
AU - 219
1/1 - 25
total - 478
478/858 55.710/100%

(04-20-2012, 09:43 AM)supbullcoc Wrote: ill take skins first pick (moved to #2 with trade from St Louis)
Got it, I must have copied a pretty old mock draft! Didn't even see that.

I'll take the Jets pick, and Dolphins if I can have 2
[Image: Banner.jpg]
Sports Card Album
Contenders Collection
UF: 39/46 (84.8%)
Phins: 14/56 (25.0%)

Giants and Titans

(04-20-2012, 10:26 AM)jmessick86 Wrote: I'll take the Jets pick, and Dolphins if I can have 2
Done
(04-20-2012, 10:28 AM)Eli8024 Wrote: Giants and Titans
Done
I'll take Indy as well since most won't want it as its a lock.

supbullcoc- You can take another team if you want

I'll take Minneasota and Pittsburgh
Eddie George Super Collector

(04-20-2012, 11:26 AM)ZeroDave Wrote: I'll take Minneasota and Pittsburgh
Done!
Anyone else!! Want to fill this up ASAP!

Uhhhhhhhh kc please
[Image: 4E727BD9-orig.jpg]

Tyson Jackson
Total Cards - 469/638 - 74 %
Autos - 164/249 - 66 %
Mems - 221/280 - 79 %
RC - 38/38 - 100 %
1/1s - 21
Total Tyson Jackson Cards Including Dupes 641

(04-20-2012, 12:26 PM)biglump007 Wrote: Uhhhhhhhh kc please
All set, feel free to pick another team if u want.