Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Days of BGS 9.5 Premiums
Question 
Days of BGS 9.5 Premiums
This is for those who are heavy graded card buyers/collectors.
I know the days of super high premiums for BGS 9.5 & 10's are long gone, but what kind of premium would you think should be expected for a card that goes for $140-$160 raw that is graded BGS 9.5?
say an autographed hot prospect blue refractor or gold refractor...

Probably hard to gauge, but I know there are a few hard core graded collectors who's probably have good guesses.

RE: Days of BGS 9.5 Premiums
(04-19-2012, 06:21 PM)0mattinglyalexander0 Wrote: This is for those who are heavy graded card buyers/collectors.
I know the days of super high premiums for BGS 9.5 & 10's are long gone, but what kind of premium would you think should be expected for a card that goes for $140-$160 raw that is graded BGS 9.5?
say an autographed hot prospect blue refractor or gold refractor...

Probably hard to gauge, but I know there are a few hard core graded collectors who's probably have good guesses.
$200-250, imo

2012 Beckett "Super Collector"

In my opinion that is determined mostly by how old the card is. If you have an older card graded 9.5 you can expect a high premium because it's older and therefore has been probably handled and traded (yes we used to actually do that) so it could get damaged also you didn't have the same quality coming out of the factories in 70s and earlier as you do today. If a card is a year or two old you would expect it to be in better condition and therefore it would not carry the same premium for a 9.5 grade
http://s1147.photobucket.com/albums/o558/dmasci/
Always looking for BGS or BVG graded cards for HOFers....especially the skilled positions.

[Image: DmasciBanner.jpg]

Also, the condition sensitivity and population report regarding the card is significant in determining the value....

in example: if the card only has 3 graded BGS 9.5s vice 300 graded BGS 9.5s