`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
How are the Harper hoarders feeling....

RE: How are the Harper hoarders feeling....
(04-17-2012, 09:54 PM)ryancholden Wrote: Sweet card!!! I love hearing about big pulls from retail, especially since Target is the closest thing I have to a card shop in my neck of the woods.
Yeah, me too, the closest LCS is about 30 minutes away.

I seriously felt light-headed after I pulled it.

You really can't judge anyone in the first 3 weeks of the season. I co-manage a big money fantasy team with a friend of mine and we are smashing the entire league already but have a couple players that haven't started to hit(Neil Walker is one) and my buddy wants to drop him. I told him to wait and see, the guy is a real talent, and will start to produce soon. Like last night, he went 3-5 with a run and an RBI.

Harper is the real deal and will be a star, I'll bet all of the fame and expectations are a little overwhelming for a teenager. He'll turn it around soon.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

Regardless of how he does the first 20 days of the year his cards will go ballistic when he gets called up. If he goes 2-4 with a run scored in his debut I can see baseline pricing of his Bowman and Bowman Chrome autos being $500.

(04-18-2012, 04:38 AM)mikecala98 Wrote: Regardless of how he does the first 20 days of the year his cards will go ballistic when he gets called up. If he goes 2-4 with a run scored in his debut I can see baseline pricing of his Bowman and Bowman Chrome autos being $500.
Don't you wish, mister! LOL

I thought about hanging on to the Harper and/or getting it graded and waiting until he got called up, but I was also mesmerized by the beauty of your Cam Newton.

Had to have it.

I totally agree that the Harper cards will go up in price when he gets called... that's cool but what happens when he just falls flat on his face.. what do the people that paid $XXXX do with the priceless card?
[Image: angelsbanner.jpg]

(04-18-2012, 02:06 PM)elfeo013 Wrote: I totally agree that the Harper cards will go up in price when he gets called... that's cool but what happens when he just falls flat on his face.. what do the people that paid $XXXX do with the priceless card?
I really think he'll be a legit star, and I think worst case he'll be one of those Josh Hamilton/Miguel Cabrera type guys where he's a potential All-Star for years, even if he doesn't challenge any of the all-time records when all is said and done.

A good example is Gregg Jefferies ... if you look at his stats and career accomplishments alone and weren't aware of his enormous hype even before he got called up, you'd say he was a pretty darn good player.

But somehow, since the hype machine even back then was out of control (imagine what it would have been with the internet, social media, etc.) he could never quite live up to the "next Mickey Mantle" stuff.

And pretty much everybody's cards cool off eventually, because there are always new products and new players that come up/come out every year.

I think his values will hold pretty well.

I just traded his Bowman auto for mikecala98's awesome Totally Certified Cam Newton auto, but I still have the Bowman Chrome Harper I pulled out of a blaster a few months back.

You have to give up something to get something, right?

(04-18-2012, 01:51 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Don't you wish, mister! LOL

I thought about hanging on to the Harper and/or getting it graded and waiting until he got called up, but I was also mesmerized by the beauty of your Cam Newton.

Had to have it.
The cam is really sweet...the red parallel is what i think gives it the "look"

(04-18-2012, 02:33 PM)mikecala98 Wrote: The cam is really sweet...the red parallel is what i think gives it the "look"
Absolutely cannot wait. You should have your Bryce on Friday.

I do find it silly, though, that the people who decide what's going on have elected to produce well over 200 cards of a person that has yet to prove himself in MLB. Should this not cheapen them as a whole? I am surprised it does not.

JonathanI
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

I too took Harper with my very last pick. I think it'll pan out for him this year -and likely soon. I think Michael Morse's injury may end up speeding his arrival of he can show that hes able to hit lefties. I'm guessing he'll be called up by June. He could still hit 15-20 and steal 20 bags.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*